Wednesday 11 January 2023

Christmas is Put Away for Another Year (Jan.8, 2023)

 I pretty much got up this morning, had my morning coffee and got right back to work.

I wanted to finish up today if possible.

It's a lot of work taking everything down and packing it up then hauling it all down to the basement and putting it away.

It's kind of like playing Tetris trying to make everything fit back into the limited storage space that I have.

Jason ended up going to Whitecourt with John and Blair in the afternoon and Morgan and I went and grabbed a couple of subs.

When I got back to the house, it was so nice out, 4 C which is awesome for winter, so I spent an hour or so chipping ice off of the driveway.

I got the driveway mostly done except the very bottom part and I worked on the sidewalk but I didn't get very far.

It was about 6 pm when I finally got everything put away and my house put back together for the most part.

It looks so bare without all the Christmas stuff but it feels refreshing too.

Everything is so nice and clean and tidy.

I didn't get everything put back up on the wall.
I took some nails out when I was putting up the Christmas stuff and now I kind of forget how everything goes so I'll leave that for tomorrow.

I think I'll leave the living room arranged like this for a bit longer - I did it mainly for the tree but I kind of like it.

When I started taking my 'after' pictures, I noticed that I'd forgotten to take down the red swag I had at the top of my curtains in her so Morgan helped me take that down.
I usually find a couple things that were missed after the fact - hopefully that will be the only one this year.

As you can see, my tree is still up.

All the decorations are off of it but I don't have any where to put it just yet.
We bought the floor model so it didn't come with a box and I did buy a bag for it but on second thought, I think trying to jam it in there will damage the flocking so when we go to the city this week, I'm going to get a couple of large storage containers for it then we'll take it down.

I finally sat down and ate my sub and Morgan and I watched Where the Crawdads Sing.
I read the book and it was really good - I loved the ending.
I enjoyed the movie too - it was pretty true to the story so that was good.

Paddington is tolerating Morgan's pets nicely.
Jason had Asia (her dog) snuggled up beside him and Paddington on his lap and both were sleeping peacefully.

I didn't get on the treadmill for a run today but I did manage to get lots of steps on.
The ice chipping and running up and down the stairs 10 million times really helped.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment