Friday 13 January 2023

Beautiful Hoar Frost - Winter's Redeeming Quality (Jan.12, 2023)

It was kind of a grey day out there and a bit colder (still not bad considering it's winter) so I got out there this morning for a walk to the road and back.

I made sure I bundled up pretty good so I wasn't worried about the cold and could just enjoy the scenery.

Much as I don't really like winter, I do love the hoar frost, it is so beautiful.

It really is a winter wonderland out there right now.

The pictures just don't capture the beauty but you at least get the idea.

It's kind of magical really.

Just more trees covered in frost.

A close up to see just how pretty it is.

Just a few more of the hoar frost.

It makes the winter walks more enjoyable.

I left work briefly to take Freya to school and then again to pick her up.
She wanted to go over and visit mom so I took her there instead of home.
It was close to lunch so I just stayed home and had some rice crackers and hummus.

I decided I might as well hop on the treadmill too while I was there and got a few more steps in.

Ran 1k while I was on there too.

Kody ended up getting called back out to work so I said I'd take Freya to her dance class in Barrhead.
She was excited about going - I think she is really enjoying it.

Afterwards, she said she wanted some chicken nuggies so I took her to A&W for some.
I had to gas up before heading home then I also stopped at Subway and got Jason and I both subs for supper.

When I was just about back to town I got a reminder on my phone that I had an FCSS meeting tonight which I totally forgot about.
So I dropped Freya off at home and headed right over there.
I was about 15 minutes late but at least I made it.

The meeting went long tonight and I was so tired.
Normally I enjoy them and stay after to chat and visit but tonight I just wanted it to be over.
Of course that's the night it goes long.
It was close to 9 by the time I got home.

Jason was out for a run but I ate my sub.
Morgan and Mom were watching a documentary about the hatchet wielding hitchhiker Kai who just so happened to be from Edmonton, Alberta.
I remember when he was interviewed on the news a few years back.
He is in jail now for murder - it's sad really, I don't think he had the best upbringing.

Jason got home from his run and ate his sub and started watching a show but I was just zonked so I headed to bed.


Some sad news today, Lisa Marie Presley suffered a cardiac arrest and passed away today.
She was only 54.
So sudden and sad for the family.

I've always been a big Elvis/Priscilla fan every since my teens and watching Elvis & Me with my Dad.

Got all green today - feels good.

I had some treats when we went to the city the other day but I've been back following WW and tracking everything.

I don't know if it's because I'm tired but I feel like I'm not getting anywhere.
I know I just started again and I need to give it time so I'm not giving up or anything, just documenting how I feel through the process.

I'm already feeling like I'm not going to have a loss this week but that's really jumping the gun and even if I don't, I'll just keep trying, eventually, I will see results.

I think I'm just discouraged because I've let myself fall back so far from where I was, I know I can get back there and I try to stay upbeat and positive but sometimes I get down and on those days it just sucks.

I think that is just the tired in me talking though and everyone has a Jonah day every now and then.
As long as it doesn't continue day after day.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment