Tuesday 24 January 2023

Clam Chowder and Biscuits (Jan.23, 2023)

 Weigh in day - woot woot!

I was 214.6 lbs today.

That's down .2 lbs, pretty much the same but it could have been worse.
Now to dust myself off and get back at it.

It was a really blustery day out there today which is causing the snow to drift.
It's all ice underneath so it's treacherous out there.
I slipped and fell just walking into the office so I put some ice melt all along the walkway first thing.

It was so windy and I had meetings this morning so I hopped on the treadmill at lunch time to get some steps in.

I just walked but it got some steps!

I went through a bunch of frames when I was cleaning out Jason's office on Saturday.
I had a lot of pictures framed that I don't have out on display anymore so I decided to get rid of the frames but I wanted to keep the pictures.

So Morgan took all of the pictures out of the frames for me and she came across these ones and asked if she could keep them.
Of course I let her - I just thought they were a fun blast from the past so I wanted to share here.

Mom, Morgan and Kody.

My brother Adrien and Morgan.

Morgan and Kody.

My brothers and sister and I.
We were a much smaller family then, only Adrien and I had children at the time and none of us had significant others.

Jason is still at his parents.
He was out for a run this morning and sent me a picture of how nice it was there.

So I took a picture of the weather here to show him what he was missing.
Not quite the same.
He decided to spend another night there and come home tomorrow and I'm glad - I wouldn't have like him driving in this.

Mom has been wanting some clam chowder so I stopped at the store to pick up the ingredients and got it cooking on the stove before I went down to do my workout.

So I officially started following Runs for Cookies 13 week half marathon training plan yesterday (but the first day is a rest day) so today was the first day I ran.

When I first looked at the workout for today it seemed a bit harder than what I was expecting for the first day but I just got on with it.
It was 5 minutes of easy followed by 2 minutes hard running and 3 minutes walking, the 2 minutes running and 3 walking was repeated 6 times then it finished off with another 5 minutes of easy.
I did the easy minutes at a speed of 3.5 then I started the first hard 2 minutes at 4.0 and bumped it up by .1 each time.
It felt like a tough work out but in a good way.

I realized after I was finished that I'd done the workout for Week 6 and not week 1, ha ha.
Can't believe I did that but no wonder I thought it seemed a bit hard for a start.

I hadn't realized at this point that I'd done the wrong work out.
I'm going to keep a video journal of my journey again this time.

Mom asked Morgan to make cheese biscuits so she did and they turned out amazing.

Look how fluffy they are.
I wasn't going to have one but I don't know who I was trying to kid - biscuits are a weakness of mine and I could not resist.

The chowder was pretty good too.
I don't normally make a rue but I did this time and the chowder was nice and creamy.
It didn't have many potatoes in it, they only had baby ones at the store and I only got one little bag, in hindsight, I should have gotten two.

Supper was delicious - I savored every bite and I tracked it all too.
I did not go over my points allotment for the day.

We all sat and ate together which was nice - we don't do that often.

Miss Morgan and I.
I love having her here - I get to see her so much more.
I know she won't be here forever but if she was, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

I spent the rest of the evening doing kakuro puzzles.
They are math puzzles and I love them.

I kind of stayed up later than I should have doing them.
I'm just a puzzle addict - once I start one, it's hard to stop and that goes for all kinds of puzzles.
Good exercise for the brain though.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment