Monday 16 January 2023

An Early Movie and Pedi's with the Girls (Jan.14, 2023)

 Nadine saw trailers for a new movie that came out yesterday and she really wanted to see it so we decided to head into the city today and see it.

We looked it up and there was a showing at 9:50 am ( I had no idea they had movies on that early) so we decided to shoot for that one.

We were taking Nadine's vehicle but I was driving so I walked over to her place in the morning then we picked up Bonnie and we were off.

We made it to the theatre just in time - we even had time to get snacks.
The movie was really good - a real tear jerker.

After that, we headed to the St. Albert mall for pedicures.

I wanted to go with a pale pink color but they wouldn't let me - even the technician doing my nails said she wouldn't do it.
Since I am going away, they figured I needed something bright and fun.
The girl doing my nails said when in doubt, go with red so I let her pick the color.
She was really funny and very talkative - we quite enjoyed our pedi's.

I had been eating ketchup seasoning on my popcorn earlier and my nails and fingers were all red and looked terrible so I decided to get a manicure too.
This time they did let me get the pale color I wanted - the technician picked out this color too - it barely even looks like a color really but I love it.

I forgot to take a picture at the salon so I did it when I got home - this is the red she picked and I do really like it.

After our pedi's we did a little shopping in the mall - not much.
I am wanting a new bathing suit for my Florida trip next month but I didn't really see anything.
Ricki's did have some sales on so we each got a few things there.

Next up was lunch.
I took them to Socrates - they've never eaten there before so I thought we could give it a try.
Nadine and I.

Bonnie.

I ordered the quesadilla with a side Greek salad.
The quesadilla was just stuffed full.
I could only eat half of it so I took the rest home for Jason.

We made one more stop at Walmart before heading home.
I think this is the earliest we've gone home ever in all of our city shopping trips.
It was right around 7 when we pulled into town.

I stopped at my place first to drop off my stuff then after I dropped Bonnie and Nadine (and her car), I walked home.
It was a really mild, nice evening out.
I took the long way around just to get in some extra steps - I barely had any at that point, I wasn't even at 6000 yet.

I thought when Jason got home we could go for a walk but he wanted to go for a run so I went down and hopped on the treadmill.

I just walked and it took me about 40 minutes to get the rest of the steps that I needed.

I didn't even bother to change because I just planned on walking.
I love my hair when it is straightened - I did this last night.
I don't normally do it when the grey has grown out so much but I pulled some of it back so it wouldn't be so noticeable.
I'm trying to hold off getting it done until a little closer to our trip.

We had an early night - after Jason got back from his run we just went to bed, we were both tired.


That's all for today, until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment