Wednesday 11 January 2023

Budding Artist and Two Days Down (Jan.2, 2023)

We were woken up this morning just after 5 am by knocking on the door.

It turned out to be my mom.

My Niece had gone out to a friend's place last night and ended up having an altercation with her ex.

She was pretty shook up and upset, the RCMP ended up having to be involved.

It's so unfortunate - I feel so bad for her.

Wish there was more I could do for her.

They have a no contact order now but she still has all her things over at the house and we can't go get any of it unless her ex ok's it.

Seems highly unfair.

The Constable said he told Tanner's mother to contact me and between us, we could make some arrangements.

When feelings are involved things always get so messy.

It's only things and they can be replaced but she worked hard for the 'things' so it's very disheartening for her.

I thought maybe I'd be able to go back to bed for a bit but Freya had woken up to and she was just raring to go for the day.

 I weighed in yesterday because it was the first day of the year but then today is Monday which is my usual weigh in day so I weighed in again.

I figured it would be interesting to see where one day of following plan and being active would get me.

I was 217.2 lbs.

That's down 202 lbs since yesterday - not too shabby.

Morning couch cuddles with my girl.
She's been really into drawing recently and her artwork is actually really cool.

I saw this idea and so I've started collecting some of Freya's drawings and I think I'm going to give this a try.

After the events of the morning, it turned out to be a pretty quiet day.
Morgan tried to get some sleep and Freya and I hung out.

Kody called around lunch time and Freya told him to come and get her.
It's so funny how she just suddenly makes these decisions.
So Kody came and picked her up and it was nice out so I decided to head out for a walk.

Now that it's the new year, I'm back on track with weight watchers and with getting my 13,000 steps in each day.
It was kind of a flop last year so I'm going to try again only this year, I'm going to do it.

When I got home from my walk, I decided to hop on the treadmill right away and run a couple km's.

I wanted to run 2023 kms this year (for 2023) but I know that will be difficult so I decided it would be more doable if I try to get in 2023 kms between running and biking.

The bulk of them will be running and every little bit will help so I'm just planning on trying to get some running in each day.
Some days might just be 1 km, others will be more but every little bit will help.

I watched an episode of Firefly Lane while I ran on the treadmill.
I'm almost finished the second season - it's really good.

I had a nice hot bath after the treadmill then I took Mom and Morgan over to look at a place that she is interested in renting.
She can have all of her pets there so I think it will work.

I made a big pot of vegetable soup for supper.
It was really tasty if I do say so myself and very low in points.

I think it just reminded her of her situation though so she was pretty upset afterwards which I understand.
I hate seeing her so down but I know she'll get through it.
It's just going to take some time.

I finished watching the last two episodes of Firefly Lane this evening then Morgan and I watched an episode of Wednesday.

Happy to report that I have another 13,000+ step day under my belt.
I also tracked all of my points and stayed within my daily range.
Each successful day makes the next one that much easier.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment