Wednesday 11 January 2023

So Long 2022, It's Been a Slice! (Dec.31, 2022)

Well it's the last day of the year.
Kind of normally a day for reflection and then planning for the new year but I feel like I didn't do a whole lot of that today.

It was a good year in that I ran a marathon finally and I'm very proud of that.
However, I've gained some weight back and that I feel not so proud of.

I did continue to pay down my debt somewhat - I didn't pay a significant chunk but down is down so that's good.

I don't normally make resolutions per say but I do make goals and these are my goals for 2023:

1. Lose weight - seems like this is always a goal for me but that's ok - I'm just going to continue working at it until I reach my goal and I know it will. It hasn't been a linear progress but I'm still down from my highest overall feeling much better than I was just a few short years ago.

2. Continue to work on paying down my debt. I'd really like to pay off a significant chunk this year if I can. My Visa is at 3500.00 and my credit line is at $7245.00 so altogether that's just over 10,000 of debt. If I could get that credit line down to half that would be marvelous.

3. Then my final goal is to get at least 13,000 steps in each day. It kind of dropped off last year due to marathon training and injuries after the marathon so I want to try again.

Saw this meme and it made me laugh - it really only works today.

Freya spent the day with me - I love having her around, she is a lot of fun.
Jason is working so my plans for tonight are to pop over to Bonnie's, play a few games then head back home.
Kody and Haylee are going out so I'll keep Freya for the night again and take her to Bonnie's with me.
Her granddaughters are going to be there too.

I decided last minute to make a lobster dip to take with me for tonight.
I've never made one before so I just found a recipe and went with it.
It was good but heavy on the cheese - I think next time I might try a different one.

I did a LOT of eating today.
I'm starting back on WW tomorrow and getting rid of all the junk that is here so I feel like I'm trying to fit in everything I can before tomorrow.
I'll likely be up on the scale but right at this moment, I don't really care.
That's a next year (tomorrow) problem.

We got ready and headed over to Bonnie's around 6.
We were the first ones to get there.
I hadn't checked with Bonnie on the time but everyone else was coming at 7 so we were a bit early.
Charlotte and Jordy were already there so that was ok.

Freya wanted to do a few Tik Toks while we were sitting there visiting.

+
She really liked this one that turned you into a cartoon character.

It turned her into a boy one time though - she did not like that.
Ha ha.

She had a lot of fun playing with Bonnie's little dog, Cami.

She took my phone and took pictures of everyone there.
Some came out blurry like this one of Nadine.

Others were clearer - like this one of Karl.

He was posing for her and she liked that.

She really took a liking to Charlotte.

And Charlotte's daughters who were being very nice to her and playing with her - they even had a game of hide and seek and Freya really enjoyed that.

She's kind of in awe of older kids and she just loves getting attention from them.
Her pictures weren't from the best angles but they still got the job done.

More Freya shots.

Bonnie's house looks so nice - it always does.

It's funny because all of these shots are from Freya's point of view - she's always looking up at people.
It's life from her vantage point.

She took a picture of one of Bonnie's trees (she has three) and she seems to be pointing at the angel wings for some reason.

She also took a selfie.

Then she took a picture of her eyeball.
Such a funny girl.

Got a picture of everyone relaxing.

Just having some snacks.

Did manage to get a game in before I headed home.
It was a card game that they called Five Kings but it's very similar to a card game we play in PEI called 3 to the King.

Card sharks over here - so serious.
Karl ended up being the big winner.

My sweet girl and I.

It was around 10:30 when we finished the card game and Freya and I got ready and headed home.
Jason was still up so we did a little visiting with him before we hit the hay.

We didn't even make it to midnight.

Overall it has been a great year and I'm looking forward to all that life brings in 2023.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy and all the best in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment