Friday 6 January 2023

Embarrassing Situation (Dec.28, 2022)

Jason was back to work today so it's down to just me.
I got up when he left for work and found a movie to watch.
I picked an oldie but a goodie - Steel Magnolias.

Bonnie called around noon to see if I wanted to go to Mr. Mike's in Whitecourt for supper and I thought that sounded like a great idea.
We planned to meet at 5 so I headed down there a bit early to do some shopping.

I got some new work out clothes and Mark's Work Warehouse - they had some great sales on.
I also got some essentials at Walmart then I met the crew at the restaurant right before 5.

Bonnie and June.

Karl, Nadine and I.

I had the steak Oscar lobster and it was fantastic.
(My steak is hiding under the Oscar lobster)

I then had their sticky toffee pudding for dessert and it was divine.
Sticky toffee pudding is one of my favorites.

We were there for quite a while, almost 2 hours, but it was nice to visit and catch up.

I had been using my bank card all day without issue then for some reason when I went to pay, it declined my card saying I'd exceeded my daily limit which I knew wasn't true.
So I logged in to my online banking and tried to do a transfer but I wasn't allowed to do any transactions.

Luckily I had some cash on my and Bonnie lent me the rest to cover my bill but it was embarrassing.
We all headed home right after so I called the bank on my hands free while I was driving home.

It took some time to figure out what was going on but basically they told me that my bank card had been cancelled.
That didn't make sense because I'd used it several times today but she assured me that was the case.
When the fellow cancelled the card on Christmas Eve, he cancelled my good one.

She said there wasn't anything they could do for me over the phone and that I'd have to go into a branch which was super annoying because the nearest branch is about an hour away in Whitecourt so it looks like I'll be heading back tomorrow.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment