Thursday 12 January 2023

Wednesday But Feels Like Monday (Jan.11, 2023)

It was back to work today for both Jason and I.

It's weird having a day off in the middle of the week, it kept feeling like Sunday yesterday so today was feeling like Monday.

It felt good when I remembered that it was actually Wednesday so the week was already half over! 

I had a plate full of colorful food for break this morning.
I always do and it's really quite filling.

It was quite foggy out today and a bit chillier than it has been but not terrible.
I was thinking I'd run on the treadmill at lunch but my legs were a bit achy (just that good kind of work out achy from yesterday's run) so instead I decided to go for a walk outside.

I listened to my Chart Action play list - I only made it through Side A.
It was quite enjoyable.

After work Freya wanted to come over for a visit so Kody dropped her off.
We picked out a new swim vest for our trip to Florida on Amazon and I got that ordered for her.
Hopefully it gets here in time.

She and I had a rousing game of The Floor is Lava.

We actually had a few games so I was tuckered out at the end.
Had to sit this one out.

So then we switched to Tik Tok'ing for a bit.
The bugged out eyes and mouth were cracking her up.

Her new obsession though is being turned into an Anime character.

We did it over and over.

She really wanted it to turn her into a boy.

So we tried.

And we tried.

And we tried.

But no luck so eventually we gave up.

She wanted to make ice cream for Papa but I suggested maybe she draw him a picture instead and she was down for that so she drew for a bit.

Jason had prepared a piece of salmon last night so I started heating the oven so that we could pop it in as soon as he got home - he normally gets home around 7:30.

I had dropped Morgan off for a hair appointment and I went back to pick her up and realized it was almost 8 and Jason wasn't home yet.
When we got back to the house, he was there so we got supper going.

We had salmon, instant mashed potatoes and a salad.
It was pretty good.

Freya and Jason played for a bit then suddenly she decided she wanted to go home.
She does that sometimes, especially when she isn't feeling well and she has been sick the last couple of days.

So Kody came and picked her up.

After they left, Jason and Morgan got talking about the trailer for this movie they both thought looked good so he put it on to watch a bit of it.

It's called The Menu.
It was kind of a dark comedy/horror about a high end chef serving a high end meal (or really an experience) to some privileged folks out on this island.

We ended up watching the whole thing - Morgan and Jason both quite enjoyed it but it wasn't really my thing, a bit dark for my taste.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment