Friday 26 November 2021

Vivaldi's Seasons by Candlelight (Nov.25, 2021)

 It was a very busy day today with work, packing and cleaning.

Jason worked on getting the sliding door kit put up on the pantry.
It looks good but I forgot to take a picture of it.

We were heading to the city and I was hoping to get a work out in before we left but that didn't happen.
 
I did manage to get a shower in though and got my hair did!

Excited to be off to the city for a few days.
There were really bad icy conditions this morning and a lot of accidents but luckily it had warmed up by the time we headed in and the roads were good.
It was 5 degrees Celsius so not too bad for the end of November.

Jason got us tickets to see an all female string quartet play Vivaldi's Seasons by Candlelight at the Pioneers Cabin in Edmonton.

I'd never even heard of it before - It's along the river valley in Edmonton and the view of the city from their parking lot was beautiful.

That's the Walter Dale bridge there to the left, I think it's such a pretty bridge.

The building is an actual log cabin that was built somewhere else (Pigeon Lake I think) then dismantled, moved here and rebuilt.

It was an intimate, cozy setting.

This is the platform for the performers.

The whole thing was just over an hour.

They performed all four of Vivaldi's seasons plus a couple other extra pieces.

My favorite movie of all time is Anne of Green Gables and the soundtrack includes both Vivaldi's Spring and Fall pieces.
So I just love them.

I really enjoyed the performance - That's one thing about living in a city, you have more of an opportunity to attend things like this.

After the concert, we stopped by the West Edmonton Mall.
I wanted to get some candles for Christmas presents and even though Black Friday is technically tomorrow, the sales at most spots have already started.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to the stores tomorrow so I thought I'd just go and at least get that done.

It was 9 pm by the time we checked into the hotel and we'd still not eaten supper nor had we worked out.
The gym at the hotel closed at 11 and the restaurant closed at 10 so we opted to eat first.

We got this meat and rice dish that was ok but very expensive for what it was.

We also shared the chicken flatbread.
It was pretty good.

I was actually considering not running today but Jason talked me out of it, he said I was already 24 days in on my challenge of running 5k each day in November so why would I quit now.

So even though it was the last thing I felt like doing, I sucked it up, got ready and headed to the hotel gym.


There was only one treadmill so Jason let me have that and he took the recumbent bike.

It's backwards but you can see on the clock there that it was 11pm when I finished up.

I did 3.67 miles or 5.9 k.
After I finished, I was really glad that Jason talked sense into me and that I got it done.

Jason sent this to me while we were at the gym.
It's his sexy gym selfie pose - ha ha ha.
He was being goofy on purpose - love that face.
He cracks me up.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment