Sunday 7 November 2021

Vacation Has Come To An End (Sept.19, 2021)

Well, our vacation has come to an end.

We fly out this morning at 9am.

I wish we could have stayed longer but I'm also missing Freya and can't wait to get home to see her.

Jason got up and went for a run this morning before we headed to the airport.

I wasn't quite as energetic.

Sitting at the hotel waiting for our shuttle to the airport.

We got all checked in no problem.
I had to do a bit of shuffling between suitcases to get them all under 50 lbs and that was including the extra one I took but we did it.

We grabbed a coffee and a bacon and egg sandwich at the airport, neither was good and we ended up throwing them away.
Luckily I had lots of goodies with me so I had lots to snack on and snack I did!

Our flight was a little late leaving, we were sitting on tarmac for awhile waiting for coffee cream and other supplies to be delivered to the plane.

The flight was pretty good, barely any turbulence at all so it wasn't stressful for me.
I like it way better that way!

It was after 1 by the time we got our luggage and got back to the vehicle.
We used Jetset parking but it took forever for a shuttle to come for us then they just drop you off in the middle of this huge parking lot so we had to walk quite a distance to get to the car.

They don't have the We Park option currently due to Covid and I think until that comes back, we are not going to use them anymore, we are going to go back to using Park N Fly - at least they drop you off right at your vehicle.

Our first stop was Famosa for something to eat.
We shared the Famosa salad.

I tried a new kind of pizza, Cheeseburger.
It was super good.

Jason got his go to - Vesuvio.

Then we stopped at Superstore to get some groceries.
I want to make sure I have the proper things on hand to get back on track with WW.

We made it home around 3 pm.
We unpacked everything to see if the lobster and bar clams had made it ok and they did!
We called Kody right away to see if he'd bring Freya over.
He said they were all sick so he wasn't sure if he should but we insisted.
We missed her so much we didn't care if we got sick.

She came in and latched on to Jason and wouldn't let go, she just hugged him in a bear hug for a long, long time.
I got a nice big hug and squeeze from her too then she wanted to go right back to Papa.

We already knew that we wanted her to spend the night - I don't think Kody could have convinced her to go home anyway.

We got some really good snuggling in.

Papa did too - he was just so happy to see her.

We spent the whole evening just doting on her and enjoyed every moment.

Right - some posts I've been seeing lately from people who've 'done the research' and have figured out that this is all a conspiracy and the vaccine is dangerous really are starting to peeve me off.

Hmmm, I wonder why their research is so much better than the research conducted by actual scientists?

I never engage or comment on any of it because it wouldn't make a bit of difference but it gets a bit aggravating sometimes.
If their choice only affected them then I wouldn't really care but unfortunately, that isn't the case.
The longer this covid stays around, the stronger and more dangerous it is going to become and that affects everyone!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment