Sunday 7 November 2021

My Shop Is Full and Trip to WCT with Freya (Oct.2, 2021)

When I got up this morning, I made a coffee then got right to work on waxing and adding the final touches to my projects so I could get them down to the store.

This little Halloween trio is so adorable - primitive and simple - just what I like.
They take a lot of steps but are worth it.

I made a short set and a taller set.

These three piece pumpkins turned out awesome too.
I made an orange one.

Then I also made a white one.

I saw them on Pinterest, the image on the right is from Do Dodson Designs and it was what I was trying to emulate.
I'm happy with how they turned out.

I took them down to the hardware and added them to my display.
I see a couple of my pumpkins I took down there the other day have sold.
It doesn't really make me a bunch of money but it does make me proud when people like my creations.

I don't really have a formula for pricing stuff - it's just kind of what I feel like at the time.

Which is fine except when I make and sell things I've sold before, I can't always remember what I priced them at previously.

So I tried to take pictures this time.

I think the prices are fair - It probably doesn't cover my time but I'd rather get a little less than to have them just sit there and have nobody buy them at all because they are too expensive.

I put $20.00 on the pumpkins - I'd pay that for one.

When I got back to the house, Jason had made some progress on his creepy scarecrow.

We had to go to Whitecourt to get groceries and stuff so we got Freya's car seat and took her with us.

Neither of us had eaten yet and we saw a new restaurant as we arrived in town so we decided to try it out.

Brother's Diner
I guess they opened in July but this was the first time either of us had seen it.

It seemed to be fairly busy too so that was a good sign.

We got a mini booth and Freya had to sit with Papa.

Making silly faces for Grandma.

We ordered a Cobb salad to share.
The bacon was delicious.

We also ordered the Cubano to share with Hamburger soup on the side.

The Cubano had real pork and turkey so that was good but it didn't have any pickles.
I think that's a pretty important ingredient in a Cuban sandwich.

The soup tasted like canned soup and it looked like they chopped up actual burgers and added them.
Not good.

We ordered the boneless wings for Freya and they came with fries which is pretty much all she ate unless you count all the ketchup she had with them.
The wings weren't tossed in a sauce, it was served on the side, which was odd, but they were good.

So kind of mixed reviews I guess, not the best restaurant we've ever been to by any means, but good enough to go to again.

We went to the second hand store and I got a bunch of craft supplies.
We also got an easel for Freya and Jason found her a witch's hat.

We were hoping to get her a costume - she keeps jumping around on what she wants to be, the most recent choice is a 'plown' (Clown).

I did end up finding a few costumes for her and they were only $3.00 a piece so I got all four of them.
There was a clown one, a Supergirl one and a couple others.

Even if she doesn't end up wearing any of them on Halloween, she can still have them just to play dress up.

Then at the dollar store, we were looking at the Halloween costumes and Freya tried on a few.

Is that my Freya?

She was really digging the kitty cat masks.

This one is awesome.

She tried the dog and they had a giant clown one too but she didn't want to try that one on.

Jason got some hands for his creepy scarecrow and she approved.

We stopped at Walmart for a few things and near the end Freya was starting to get bored of shopping and likely a bit tired too because she started doing goofy things.

We had two more stops but we let her stay in the car and we each took a turn running in to get what we needed.
It was a nice day so we suggested going to the park but she just wanted to go home (to our place).

We were going to have her sleep over again but Zepplyn was spending the night with Kody and Haylee so as soon as she found that out, she was excited to go home to see her.

I saw this before but I still think it's funny.

I guess I have the crafting bug again because I spent much of the evening perusing Pinterest for ideas.
Found a few - I did not make this - it was posted on Instagram and I think it's beautiful and am going to use it for inspiration.

Came across these pumpkins on there that I also love and am definitely going to try making these.

A friend posted this opinion piece on her Facebook page and I have to say that I kind of agree - maybe not with the good riddance part but with pretty much everything else that is said here.

Jason went out and bulked up his guy when we got home from WCT - added his hands and the gas mask we picked up today.
I think he looks awesome.

He's going to spend the night in the garage but then tomorrow, Jason is going to find a place for him out in the front yard.

Neither of us felt like cooking when we got home so I ordered us some chicken donairs and that's what we had for supper.

Had a rest from running today but still got all my steps in.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment