Sunday 7 November 2021

Lobster for Breakfast? Why Not! (Sept.29, 2021)

 I kind of had a hankering for something special for breakfast.....

Lobster!
I made my omelet then I cooked up some lobster and onions to go with it.

My onion to lobster ratio was a bit off but it was so delicious.

I headed out a little late for my run at lunch time but I got it done.

I got in a 5k run, not too shabby!

The exercise details.

I did my in town 5k route but I did it backwards so I started with a really long, steep incline as you can see from my splits.
I've never run up that particular hill before so it felt good to conquer it!

Meanwhile, Jason went for a bike ride and stopped in to visit Freya.

Of course he brought her home with him.
He's on days off now so she'll be spending the night.

I ended up working a bit late but then went out to the shed with Jason to pick out some wood to make these pumpkins that I saw on Instagram.

He got them cut for me, enough to make two.

I'm also going to make a couple sets of the Halloween trio I made a couple years ago, a pumpkin, a ghost and a black cat.

I'll post pictures of them when I'm done.

Jason decided to make pizza for supper.

He kept out a bit so Freya could make her own.

I think she did pretty well.

There it goes into the oven.

All done.
Freya made her very own pizza!

The pizza was delicious.
I wasn't planning on having any or least not much.

I ended up having like 5 or 6 slices so basically my whole day's worth of points.
I tracked it though - used some of my weeklie's too but it was worth it.

Kody came to visit for a bit so he and Jason distracted Freya for a bit and I was able to stain all the wood pieces he'd cut out for me today.
I'll let them dry tonight then tomorrow they'll get coats of paint.

Freya has such a great imagination and she's always coming up with games to play.
She'll tell Jason what he's supposed to do and what she's going to do.
Here, he was supposed to be a zombie and she was going to kill him with her sword (wooden knife).

Yup - Freya the Zombie Slayer!

Then they had a little photo session.

Freya was taking pictures on her 'phone' which is just an old phone of mine that doesn't work anymore, then she was showing the 'pictures' and 'videos' to Papa.

They were sharing a good laugh over them.

I thought it was so cute - how she's scrolling through the pictures but there actually isn't anything there.

She just stood by the couch watching videos for quite some time.

Until I finally convinced her hop up on the couch and cuddle with me while she watched them.

Poor little dear has a cough that just doesn't seem to want to go away.

I'd like to give her medicine but after the ordeal when she had the tooth infection, I'm pretty sure getting it into her would not be an easy task.
Might have to if it doesn't clear up soon though.

We got to bed at a decent hour and it didn't take her long to fall asleep at all.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment