Sunday 7 November 2021

The More Days You Miss, The Easier It Is To Miss More Days! (Sept.30, 2021)

I didn't have a very good sleep last night, I'm not sure why?
Freya went to sleep pretty much as soon as we went to bed and I think she had a pretty good night's sleep.

I woke up super early so I just got up and she got up with me.

When she and Jason were out and about yesterday, she picked out these wooden veggies at the hardware store and he bought them for her.
He wasn't sure if she'd actually pay any attention to them once we got home but she was playing with them first thing, cutting them up for him for breakfast.

I had a really busy day at work today - I feel like I suddenly have so much to do and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed but I know I'll get it done.

I also have all that wood stuff to get painted - my goal is to get it all done and displayed at the hardware by Saturday.

So on my lunch hour, instead of going for a run, I started base coating all the pieces.
Freya had fallen asleep and was napping so it was the perfect time.

I ended up working a little late today just to finish up what I was working on and Kody came shortly after to pick up Freya.

I still needed to get out for a run but I put another coat of paint on the wood pieces first.
I'll wait to see when they are dry but hopefully this is the last coat and I can start on the sanding and finishing up tomorrow.

I was kind of dragging my feet about going for a run.

I considered just getting on the treadmill but I wasn't even at 3000 steps yet so I know it would take me forever to get the rest on the treadmill.

Plus, from past experience, I know the more days I miss, the easier it is to miss more days!

So I just made myself go out there and do it.

In my mind I was debating what distance I wanted to do and decided eventually that I should do at least 8k, my regular route.

It felt hard today, for the last week or two I've been feeling like I'm having trouble getting good deep breaths but I just kept going.

Normally I would have kept going until I got to an even number, like 8.5 and while I was so close, I just felt like I didn't have it in me.
I did get over the 8 mark though so I was happy.

I've noticed that my heart rate has been up just a tiny bit these last two weeks since we got back from vacation and it's been feeling harder to run but nothing to worry about I would say.

My average pace and splits were good though - in the 6's where I like to see them.

Jason made Thai chicken coconut soup for supper and I was so looking forward to having a bowl when I got home from my run.

It's been a long time since he's made it.

He added some green curry and he was worried that it might be too spicy for me but I thought it was fantastic.
I had a huge bowl loaded up with bean sprouts which I love and probably could have eaten a 2nd bowl.
It is higher in points though so I resisted the urge.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment