Sunday 7 November 2021

Surprise Weigh In and Halloween Prep Continues (Oct.4, 2021)

 Weigh in day today.

I was 184.2 lbs today.

I was expecting to see a loss today so I was disappointed to see when I looked at my progress report that I was actually up a pound from last week.

Most of the time when I have a gain, I pretty much know that it's coming and I know I deserve it.

This was one of those gains that I don't think I truly deserved after the week I put it but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

I'm going to stay the course though and not let it get me down - I'll have a loss next week for sure!

I got out for a run at lunch time.

Yes, it's headband/hat weather over here.

My run felt really good again today.
I think I might have been fighting a bit of a cold but hopefully this means I've won the battle.

I wanted to get at least 8k in and I did so mission accomplished.

Exercise details.

My average pace and splits, love seeing it be in the 6's


I got a bit of a surprise when I got back to the house, Jason had moved Cleavus to a new location.

Kody and Haylee had to take Louie to the vet so they dropped Freya off but before he left, Kody convinced Freya to try on one of the costumes I'd picked up for her at the thrift store on the weekend.

They even convinced her to try on the wig.
Not a bad costume for $4.00.
They couldn't get her to be still so the pictures are kind of blurry.

She's done, ready to take it off.

Jason cut me a few more Halloween trio sets, thought I'd make Morgan, Haylee and Mel each a set.

He also cut me some more pumpkins of a different style so I got those all stained tonight.
They'll dry tonight and then hopefully tomorrow I'll get them painted.

The stain really adds to the overall look when I sand some of the paint off - I love the rustic look - so it's an important step.

Jason also built another little fellow to display in our yard - Sam.

I'm not into horror movies AT ALL, so he had to show me this picture of who he was.

I got the head stitched up for him - I think it will look much better when I get his eyes on but I need to wait for Kody to bring me back my container of buttons which he did when they got home from the vet.
Update on Louie - he has kennel cough - very contagious to other dogs I guess, they just have to give him medication and hopefully it will get better.

There, looks much better with the eyes.
I was going to try to sew him up a jumper but I have to go to the city this weekend so I'm going to try looking for something at the thrift store first.

If I can't find anything, then I'll try sewing something up.

Kody had come to pick up Freya but she wanted to spend the night and since Jason is off tomorrow, we let her.

She was insistent that Papa dance with her.

They had quite the dance party - I think it was more like a workout.


She and I had cooked up some of those prepared cookies and they were cooled off enough to decorate so I let her go for it.

She used a whole bottle of sprinkles on just 6 cookies - not bad!
She enjoyed it so what's a few sprinkles?

My sister shared this memory on Facebook - OMG - the boys were so little and SO STINKING CUTE!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment