Sunday 7 November 2021

Happy Halloween (Oct.31, 2021)

I woke up early this morning and got right to work.

The house was kind of a mess and I had some projects I really just wanted to get completed and out of the way.

I did some cleaning first then I got to work on my pumpkins.

I finished off the rest of these.
It's too late to take them to the hardware for this year but I'll save them and put them out next year.

I also got some rafia added to my big pumpkin.
This one I'm keeping for myself.

Kody came by and picked up Freya around noon.

It was good time because it wasn't too much later that Nadine dropped by to work on signs.
She's making some again to sell to raise money for Communities in Bloom.

She's already gotten a few completed.
We didn't actually make any signs, just cut out stencils on the Cricut.
We got a few done and weeded before calling it a day.

After she left, I carved my pumpkin.
Jason had already carved his two.
Mine is the girly one with the eyelashes.
I'm happy with how they turned out.

The crew all dropped by to show me their Halloween costumes.
I had asked them to come early before the girls got tired of Trick or Treating so them came REALLY early.

I didn't run the last three days so I wanted to make certain that I got in a run today so that was the next item to get checked off my list.

I wanted to get at least 5k in and I did 6k so mission accomplished.

My exercise details.

A trucker waved me down on the highway to get directions so my time on km2 is high otherwise I'm sure that my average pace would have been in the 6's.

It was a cool, crisp day, nice for a run.
When I got home, Jason had things all set up in the yard.

My pretty pumpkin.

We made a last minute pumpkin from an old log Jason brought home.
I added the burlap bow although I'm not honestly sure how much I like the bow - I love the pumpkin though.

Got Jack Skellington hung up to greet the Trick or Treaters.

Cleavus moved to a new spot in the yard and he's holding one of Jason's carved pumpkins.

Sam and Samantha are just too darn cute.

His other pumpkin he put under the tree.

We hung the chicken wire ghost in the tree but you can barely see it.

You can kind of see it from this view.
Hopefully the glow in the dark paint will help it show up better once it gets dark.

Jason wrapped Mr Tim in lights too so he would show up better.

Just a little tour of our Halloween decorations this year.

After they finished trick or treating, Kody, Haylee and Freya dropped by.

She dumped her bag to see what she'd gotten, isn't that the best part of Halloween?

She was digging right in.

She was good about sharing with Mom and Dad.

Kody testing out some of the haul.

It was just starting to get dark by that point and everything was looking good out in the yard.

I put this sign that Jason picked up yesterday in the front window and it looked awesome.

We had spotlights aimed at Sam and Samantha and you could see them really well.

Jason's pumpkin looked so good all lit up.

I think maybe we should have had the spotlight in front of Mr Tim instead of behind, the lights on him didn't do him justice IMO but it did still look pretty good.

I had a really busy day and had barely eaten so I got Kody to order us up a pizza and a greek salad.

She was only interested in eating candy.

Jason and I were both super busy today and had barely eaten so while pizza wasn't the best choice we didn't go overboard either and I feel ok about it.

He and Freya answered the door every time we got Trick or Treaters and she gave out all the treats.
She just loved it.

She was super excited when this Trick or Treater showed up.
He's getting so grown up!

One of the last Trick or Treater bunches of the night was Alivia and her friends.
She said she made a point of coming to our place this year because she missed the last two (which she did) and I was so pleased that she made the effort to come and see us.

Normally I make each of the kids (Hunter, Alivia, Zepplyn and Freya) a special treat bag but I forgot all about doing that this year.

We had more Trick or Treaters than we've ever had this year, not sure if was because of the nice weather or all the decorations outdoors but it was nice.
Jason kept track and we had 67 this year, almost ran out of candy.

I'll have to make sure to get more next year.

Haylee put up some pictures on Facebook I thought I would share.

Ladybug and a cute little witch.

That cute little witch with Mr. Tim.

Haylee and Freya.

Mr. Rastafarian Elvis himself.

Crystal also posted some pictures I thought I'd share as well.

Crystal and Zepplyn.

Both girls with Mr. Tim.

Freya checking out the decorations in another yard in town.
A lot of places really go all out and I love it.

Meanwhile, in PEI, my cousins Todd and Lisa are making a lot of progress on their barn they are building.
They had a bunch of helpers drop by today and got each of them to drive a pin in a section.
I wish we could have been there to do it too.

Todd and my Uncle Ivan.

My Aunt Linda.

Mom - looks like she's having fun.

My Aunt Coleen even drove one in.

My cousin Jacob.

His fiance Danielle.

My cousin Pam.

My cousin Tricia.

Her partner Gilles.

They've made so much progress on it and they've done the bulk of the work themselves which is super impressive.
I can't wait to get back and see it once it's completed.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment