Sunday 7 November 2021

Kiddos for the Day and Some Final Halloween Projects (Oct.24, 2021)

 I thought I might have a little time this morning to work on my blog but Freya woke up when I did so that was a no go.

She wanted to play on her 'game' but it needed to be recharged so I gave her mine to play with.

She makes the best faces.

It's all in the eyes.
I got this little velour two piece outfit for her at the second hand store and she just loved it.
She kept saying her Daddy got it for her>

I just love my mornings with Freya.

It had snowed out last night so the ground was covered this morning and it was kind of chilly out there.
By lunch it had warmed up and was starting to melt so Freya and I went for a walk to the store.

Somehow, Hunter saw us out walking and so asked if he could come over to play - of course I didn't mind at all.

They worked on puzzles together.

Then they sat and played games together on the tablet.

It was great - it kept them occupied so I was able to get some work done on Sam and Samantha.
Sam's outfit was way too big for him so I cut the arms and the legs off some and took it in a bit.
Then I glued his head on.

I made Samantha a kerchief to cover the back of her head which was bare.

I also made her dress longer, and glued her head on too.
Now if Jason is happy with the updates, they are both ready to get displayed outdoors.

The kids also helped me paint this paper mache pumpkin that Jason made for another character he has dreamed up in his head to make.

They really enjoyed doing it and amazingly, didn't get that messy.

I put it in the oven on the dehydrate setting I just discovered that we had so that it could dry out faster and be ready for another coat tomorrow.

Halloween is approaching very quickly.

I didn't make it out for a run again today and I still had about 2500 steps I needed to get when Jason got home so I just went downstairs and hopped on the treadmill.
It had gotten cold out again and all that melting snow was freezing so I didn't want to take the chance of falling.
It only took me 15 minutes to get to my 12,000 steps.

Tomorrow I am going to make certain that I get outdoors for a run.

Kody and Adrien both came and picked up the kids right around 7pm.
It was nice to spend the day with them but I didn't g

After the kids left, I worked on a few little projects.
I got some sayings done on these little wooden shapes for my pumpkins that I need to finish up.

Jason found me some hay wire to make little curly cues for them.

I got a few made - it's old and rusty and dirty so it was kind of messy but also perfect for that rustic look that I like.

Here's one of the pumpkins I got finished up.
I feel like I want to add more to it but simple is good sometimes too.

And another.
I really like how they turned out.

Jason brought his mannequin out of the office so I decided to get started on making a chicken wire ghost.

This is the chicken wire I used - I had picked it up to make some shelves but never did make any more.

It was late so I didn't get very far - just got started on the torso.
I've watched a few tutorials on making these.

Here are links to them:


This is Rachel Maksy - I just recently discovered her YouTube channel and I quite enjoy it.
She just kind of pushed the wire to fit the form.

This is Wicked Makers, another YouTube channel we just discovered and enjoy watching.
They made the chicken wire ghost too but they actually cut some of the chicken wire out and form it more around the form.

I'm not sure which route I'm going to go but for sure I'm going to need some gloves - that chicken wire is pointy and sharp.

I'm going to try to work on it tomorrow and I'll post a picture when I'm done and update what method I used.

Jason's niece posted a preview of some of her wedding pictures on Facebook today.
They turned out beautifully.

I'm not going to caption them because they are pretty self explanatory but I just wanted to share them all here.

I don't think you could find any better back drop for picture taking!






















That's it for the pictures for now.
I think they turned out wonderfully - she made a beautiful bride that's for sure and it was a lovely wedding, I was happy that we were able to share their special day.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment