Sunday 7 November 2021

A Few More Pumpkins for the Patch (Oct.26, 2021)

I skipped stepping on the scale this morning for the first time since we got back from vacation!

I had a busy morning - lots of work and a couple of meetings.

I was a bit late heading out for my lunch time run.
The fog had lifted so I was able to go my regular route along the highway.
Got in 9k today.

The exercise details.

My splits were all over the place but overall my average pace was in the 6's so that felt good.
 
Sweaty selfie with Cleavus, our creepy scarecrow guy.
I wore my hat and gloves on my run but it was much warmer than I thought and I had those off within the first 5 minutes of the run.
I had to carry them the rest of the way which was a bit annoying - I'll just have to really check the weather before I head out from now on.

The afternoon went by pretty quickly because I was so busy and after work, I got prices put on a few of my pumpkins so I could take them down to the hardware.
Only a few more days until the end of the month when everyone's focus will shift from Fall decor to Christmas so hoping I can get a few of them sold before then.

I priced the really tall ones at $12.00

I'm glad I put the little signs on them - I think it looks good.

Then I had small, medium and large ones which I priced at 7, 8 and 9 bucks.
This is the smallest size.

This is a medium one.
I think I like the raffia on it more than the twine.

This one is the largest size.

I also had a tall white pumpkin.
I'm really into white stuff so if these ones don't sell, I'll be happy to bring them home and keep them for myself.

I got down tot he store and got them on the shelf before the Hardware closed.

My shelf is really full so you can't see everything - I think I'll go back down one day next week, rearrange everything and take home the fall stuff.

It will look kind of empty after that so I'll have to get busy making some Christmas stuff.
I still have a few more pumpkins to finish up which I will do then I'll pack them away until next year and get started on Christmas.

Kody dropped over to borrow some mushroom soup and brought Freya with him.
She wanted to stay for a visit so of course I let her.

She and I hung out and played games and took silly face selfies.
I love her so much and I'm so thankful that I get to spend as much time with her as I do.

She crashed at 7 pm.
I tried to keep her awake but that was a no go.
So I called Kody and he came and got her.
She has school in the morning otherwise we would have had her spend the night.

I think we are going to take her to the city for the night on Friday and stay at a hotel with a pool so we can take her swimming.
She just loves going to the hotel!

I want to do a bit of Christmas shopping and I think we'll maybe pick up a toilet or vanity or something to get started on the downstairs bathroom renovation.

When Jason got home from work he got busy right away on building another character.
The paper mache pumpkin he made will be the head.
It's really tall and creepy - he was kind of going for a version of slender man and I think he nailed it.
I can't wait to see it once it has some clothes on!

This mug is great!

Ha ha - for real though!

I love this - it's so true.
I think I'm going to put it on a sign!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment