Sunday 7 November 2021

Sam is Coming Along (Oct.7, 2021)

 I had a busy morning trying to get a few things done before I headed out around noon to go to my optometrist appointment.

I want to see about getting contacts again - I've worn them in the past but haven't had them in years.

I think I'd like to try them again for when I run, my glasses slip and fog up and it gets annoying.

I also wanted to check to see if I was a candidate for laser surgery.

I heard a good old tune on the way there.
Need to add this to my Spotify "chilling tunes" playlist.

My appointment went well.
Did you know they can diagnose up to 150 diseases just by looking at your eyes?
Nope?
Neither did I.
Thankfully, mine look great and healthy.

The Optometrist ordered me some sample contacts to try out and thinks that I might be a good candidate for laser surgery but I will have to see a surgeon who actually does it to be checked and make sure.
They are going to give me some recommendations and then I'll go from there.

I stopped at the second hand store to see if I could find an outfit for Jason's Sam creation.
I had no luck but I did find a little outfit to use as a template and an orange tablecloth that I'll use to make it with.

Got a few groceries while I was there then headed back home.

Jason found this awesome old piece of wood out in the field and he's going to bring it home for me to use to make pumpkins for out front.
Yay!

It was 4:30 when I got home and even though the work day was over, I still needed to log back in to do a few things.
It took me about an hour then I got busy making Sam an outfit.

It turned out pretty well, a bit on the big side.
I pinned the patches on so I could send Jason a picture but I still need to sew those on.

It only took me about an hour to get this done which was not bad in my humble opinion.

It was about 6:30 when I finished up and I still needed lots of steps so I got ready and headed out for a run.

Ended up getting a 9k run in.
I definitely have been feeling much better my last few runs.
I'm actually enjoying them again and don't feel completely done out by the end.

My heart rate was up a little bit but nothing concerning.

My average pace and splits.
Still in that 6 range - makes me proud.

Jason was home when I finished my run and he and both agreed that Sam's outfit was a bit baggy.

Jason was fine with it but I wasn't so I took it in some.
Still baggy but not as bad as before.

Just need to add the patches and get him some fingerless gloves.
Oh, and we need to dirty him up a bit.

I also need to get working on his girlfriend.

She needs a head first of all.
I picked up a styrofoam ball for that.

I'm also going to sew her up a little outfit, think I'll make her a plain little dress - I still have some of the fabric from the tablecloth left.

I got my stencils painted tonight.

I also got a base coat and a second coat on all of my projects that I currently have in the works.
Sewed up my latest batch of trees too.
Man it feels good to get stuff done.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment