Sunday 7 November 2021

Nice Day For A Walk Among The Fall Splendor (Sept.28, 2021)

I had a couple meetings this morning so it flew by pretty fast.

I had an appointment for a Pap Smear today at 1pm.

They are so uncomfortable but important.

The nurse I had was really great - she is part of a pilot project here in Alberta where they follow the mammogram bus out to the rural communities.

She had a long chat with me first and was very thorough in going over my history - she made me feel like I was in very good hands.

The procedure itself took only a minute then I decided to head to the office for the afternoon.

I had a bunch more stuff I needed to print off and I just wanted to check to see if there was any work on my desk for me (there was). 

As soon as I got home from work, I headed out for a walk.

I only had just over 3000 steps at that point and I decided to have a rest day from running today so I knew it would need to be a long walk.

It took me about an hour and 20 minutes but I got the rest of my steps in that I needed to reach my 12,000 goal.

It was a gorgeous fall day out there, perfect weather and the trees and bushes are all looking so stunning.

Our trees here are mostly yellow but thank goodness for all the red shrubs, really gives it that extra punch of color that I love.


I actually did my hair today - my roots are showing already - soon time to get them covered again.
We have a wedding to go to on Oct.16 and I for sure want to get it done before then.

Speaking of the wedding, I need to get an outfit to wear and this one I saw on Instagram today caught my eye.
(I follow TheShrinkingMomma on Instagram - she is a Weigh Watcher as well and posts some good looking recipes).

Not sure if I could pull something fitting like this off or not but I love this dress, the color and the fit.
Not sure what I would wear for shoes with it either as heels just are not my thing, maybe tall boots?
Anyway - I will need to head to the city soon to shop around and see what I can find.

I had leftovers for supper and spent most of the evening reading.
Jason ended up working really late, it was midnight when he got home.

I was falling asleep on the couch but I wanted to wait up for him, I knew that if I went to bed before he got home, I wouldn't sleep very well because I'd be worried about him and imagining all these crazy scenarios of him getting hurt or something.

 I pretty much went to bed as soon as he got home though and I knew he was safe.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment