Sunday 7 November 2021

First Full Day in Canmore, AB (Oct.15, 2021)

 Our first morning in Canmore.

I had my coffee out on the balcony and I had a gorgeous view of the sun coming up on the mountains.

On our walk last night, we saw a trail that looked interesting so we headed over that way this morning thinking it would be a great place to go for a run.

There was a boardwalk path that ran alongside of a little pond 

- very pretty.

It was right next to a hotel resort that looked really nice - it ended up being where Jason's brother stayed.
Very fancy.

We split up for our runs as usual as Jason is much faster than I.
I told Jason that I'd just head back to our room afterwards and meet him there.

I ended up getting a pretty good run in, 9k.

My exercise details for today.

My average pace and splits were up a little.

As I was walking back to the room, Jason sent me this picture and captioned it "Awww, baby bunnies".
(There are a ton of bunnies around Canmore).

I just happened to be standing next to this little girl so I sent him a picture back captioned "Awww, baby humans"

This is one of the views from downtown - isn't it so gorgeous?

This is the condo we are staying in.
We were the balcony just above the Canmore Place sign to the left with the green bbq cover.
It was in a great location.

After our run, we went over to Rocky Mountain Bagel Co to get some breakfast.
We got there just in time because it was lined up out the door when we left.

We took our goodies back to our condo and ate them on the balcony.
I had a bagel breakfast sandwich.

Jason had the bagels and lox.

Their monthly special was a pumpkin spice bagel so you know I had to try one of those.
Jason and I just had a small piece, it was pretty good.

They had mini pumpkin cheesecakes so you know I had to try one of those!
It was fabulous!

We also shared an ooey gooey square with chocolate chips, coconut, pecans and coconut - it was so good.

Finally they had these little powerball things that we also shared - it was ok.

After we ate and showered and stuff, we walked over to visit with Jason's brother, Mark and his partner Crystal.
The hotel they were staying in was pretty fancy.
They had brought their dog Teddy with them and were told that if he was barking and bothering other hotel guests that they would have to pay for those other guests hotel stay.
Whoa!
So they didn't want to leave him there alone and I don't blame them.

We suggested having them come over to our condo to order pizza and bringing Teddy with them just so they could get out and they thought that was a great plan so that's what they did.

We ordered a few different pizzas from a place in town and they just stayed and visited with us for the evening.

It never occurred to me to take any pictures for some reason?

It was nice to catch up - they live about 4 hours away from us so we don't get to see them that often.

After they left, Jason and I just watched tv for a bit before heading off to bed.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment