Sunday 7 November 2021

Portal in the Sky (Sept.25, 2021)

 I woke up when Jason was getting ready for work and just decided to get up and start my day.

I weighed in first thing as I've been doing each day this week.

I was down again - yay!

I made myself a coffee and found a movie to watch.
It was a pretty good movie - a bit slow at times but overall I enjoyed it.

When it was over, I found another movie to watch, a Christmas movie.

I worked on sewing up the openings to my trees so I honestly didn't watch much of the movie at all, it was just kind of on in the background.

I got all the trees sewed up.
Now I just need Jason to cut some wood slices for bases for me that I'll glue on then they will be good to go.

After I finished the trees, I got to work on the final step for the pumpkins, prettying them up which is the best part!

I really wanted to go buy more fall leaves and flowers but I had plenty already that I made myself use up.

I wanted to do a few with these beige leaves - I like how they turned out.

I did two of those.

I took pictures of each one - just so I could kind of remember how they turned out.

I got this bag of orange and white balls that I had planned on using on wreaths but I think they look pretty good on the pumpkins too.

Once I got them all finished I put price tags on them so I could take them down to the hardware right away.

I kind of forget each time what I put on them for prices so I figured this would be a good reminder.

The smaller ones I put for $10.00.

They are just as much work but it doesn't seem right to aske the same for the itty bitty ones as it does for the larger ones.

The medium size ones I put for $15.00

I got everything done by 2:30 so I still had time to get down to the hardware and display them by 3 but then I wasn't able to find my car keys.
I searched everywhere and I was feeling so frustrated.
I finally found them right around 3 so I wasn't able to take them down to put on display after all but I'll just do it on Monday.

While I was in PEI, I went to my friend Paula's sisters place to buy a Welcome sign for my sister - Pam does really nice wood work and painting.
While I was there I saw these little birds and I couldn't resist them - I just had to buy pair for myself.
Aren't they so cute?

My brother called me shortly after 3 to say that Hunter was missing us and wanted to come for a visit so I told him to bring him on over.
He and I went for a bike ride to the store together.
Then when we got back, he asked if Freya could come over so I called Kody and asked him to drop her off.

We took some selfies.

Funny face ones.

And serious ones.

The kids liked the funny face ones the best.

I didn't get out for a run today and I still needed some steps so I convinced the kids to go for a walk since it was such a nice day out there.

Freya told me she was Supergirl and was showing me all her super powers, how she could get rid of monsters, when Hunter noticed what he called a portal in the sky (it was actually just the sun setting).

It did look like a portal though and he wanted me to take a picture of he and Freya with it in the background.

These two have such a sweet relationship - they just love each other so much.

She wanted in her stroller/carriage but wanted to sit inside it.
Makes me look like I'm pushing around an empty carriage but I don't mind.

Fall is definitely here.

The trees are looking glorious.

We don't get much reds here but we do get lots of yellows.
Still very pretty.

Jason got home from work while we were walking so he hopped on his bike and came and met us.

Hunter was surprised and happy to see him.

Being silly.

Freya was so happy to see him too.

She just loves him so much.
Another sweet relationship that makes me so happy.

We had supper - I made Hunter a two egg omelet and he ate the whole thing.
He just loves them.

The kids decided that posing with my trees that I'd made would be fun.

So I let them do a few poses and took a few pictures.

She was making sure Papa was posing correctly.

Ha ha - Hunter and his silly faces.

I was worried the trees would get dirty so I put them away right after this, don't want all my hard work going to waste.

I still needed some steps so I went down and hopped on the treadmill for a bit.
I did a combo of walking and running until I got the rest of my steps in.

Freya was spending the night and I took Hunter home around 9:30.
I am glad he came over, it was nice to see him.

This made me laugh.
It feels like candle season to me and I've been lighting them each morning for the past couple days.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment