Sunday 7 November 2021

Meghan & Tristin Say I Do (Oct.16, 2021)

Another gorgeous day here in Canmore.

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day for a wedding. 

We got ready and headed out for a run first thing.
We went on the same trail as we did yesterday, I had added on a bit extra yesterday, I didn't do that today.
Stopped at 7k.

The exercise details.

My average pace was just in the 6's - so not bad.

We passed a different breakfast spot today so we went there for breakfast this morning.
They had meat pies, we got a steak and bacon one.
It had only one lonely piece of steak in it however, I will say that the crust was fantastic.

Then we also got a Quebec Tortierre.
This was our favorite of the two - it was really good.

We also decided to share a few desserts again.
First off was a cherry cheesecake danish.

Also, a chocolate macaroon - yum yum.

We took our breakfast back to the condo and sat on the balcony to eat it.

Not a bad view from the balcony.

There was a pizza place across the street we are hoping to try while we are here.

Breakfast selfie.

After we ate, we got our bikes out and went for a bike ride.

No matter where you go around here the views are fabulous.

We ended up in a residential section and the homes in there were just so grand.

Lots of big windows to take in all those views.

This one had a wrap around porch - a feature on a house that I've always loved.

All the homes on the street were amazing.

We decided to bike to the Nordic Center which is where the wedding is going to be held later on today.
I didn't think it was that far away - Jason looked it up and it was only 4k away.

I figured that didn't sound that bad but turned out it was all uphill - steeply uphill.

I didn't know that when we left and I might not have done it had I known so I'm glad I didn't.

After the first huge hill, I had to stop for a break.
Jason said it was just up a bit further and around the corner so I sucked it up and kept going.

Lo and behold, around the corner, there was another even steeper hill and I really wanted to quit and go back.

I didn't though - and when we got there, I was so proud of myself for doing something that was so hard.  

The views were worth it.

There was even a gorgeous lake up there.

Looked like it would be a great spot to take some pictures.
We knew Meghan and her wedding party were out taking pictures at that time so we thought we might see them while we were there.
(We didn't)

There were some picnic tables there so we just sat and had a rest and took in the scenery for a bit.

A limo pulled up across the street at the lake and a wedding party got out.
We thought it was Meghan's group but it wasn't.

Jason being goofy.

This is the venue for the wedding.
After a bit of a rest, we headed back to the condo to get ready for the wedding, it was all downhill so it took no time at all to get back.

I forgot to turn this on as soon as we left so we probably did closer to 12k, not bad for an afternoon ride.

The exercise details.

The wedding was at 4pm so we got ready and headed back to venue.
We had to show our proof of vaccination but once we did and we got into the room where the wedding was taking place, we were able to take off our masks.
I was so glad that we didn't have to wear them the whole night.

They had some of their engagement pictures on display so I thought I would share.

Meghan is such a beauty - both inside and out.

I took a quick picture of the wedding venue before everything got started.

They had a sign up asking guests not to take pictures during the ceremony so I wanted to abide by their wishes so once everyone was seated, I put my camera away and didn't take anymore.

One wall was almost entirely windows which allowed for a wonderful view of the mountains.

Not a bad backdrop for a wedding.

The wedding ceremony was beautiful.
It was a woman that did the ceremony and I thought she did a beautiful job.
It was about a half hour long then they were heading out for more pictures before supper which wasn't until 6:30-7:00 so we headed back to town to kill some time.

We had to stop for a train.

The three sisters (mountains) are famous around here.

All dolled up for the wedding.

We were just driving around looking for a place to get an ice cream then Crystal and Mark called to see if we wanted to join them somewhere to get a little something to eat.
They hadn't eaten today yet so wanted a little something to tide them over until supper.
We told them to pick the place and we'd meet them there.
(The concierge at the hotel was babysitting Teddy for the night so they didn't have to worry about him causing a ruckus)

They picked Boston Pizza and I remembered to take pictures this time.
Jason and his brother Mark.

Crystal and I.
We shared a couple appetizers and just visited then headed back to the Nordic Center for the rest of the wedding festivities.

The table settings looked really nice.
We sat at a table with Crystal and Mark and one of the bridesmaids boyfriend.

Mark and Crystal.

Jason and I.

Josh was in the wedding party so he sat at the head table but he stopped over for a visit so I grabbed a picture of him with Mark and Crystal.
He's gotten so tall since we last saw him - he's slimmed up some as well, said he started running.
He's very handsome and a very nice boy too.

The happy couple - Meghan & Tristin.

Supper was really good - chicken, prime rib, salad, potatoes, sweet potato and buns.

Then it was time for the speeches.
Bonnie (Meghan's mom) was first up.
Then it was Mark's turn - he did a great job, his speech was funny and touching - he's very well spoken.
I wish I'd video taped it so that I could show it to their mother but I didn't think of it at the time.

Meghan and Tristan making their speech.

Then it was time for the Father/Daughter dance.

The back of Meghan's dress was so nice.

 A clip of the father/daughter dance.
Meghan picked a song that was special to she and Mark.

Up next was the Mother/Groom dance.

A small clip of that too.

I would have loved to do some dancing myself but Jason isn't really into it and there wasn't really anyone else there I could dance with.
I still had fun though.

We spent pretty much the whole evening visiting with Josh.
He is interested in lots of things so we had lots to talk about and the evening just kind of flew by.
Around midnight we decided we were ready to call it a night.
It was a lovely wedding and a lovely day and I'm glad we were able to be a part of it.


That's it for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment