Sunday 7 November 2021

Thanksgiving and Birthday Catch Up (Oct.10, 2021)

 I was having everyone over for supper today to celebrate my brother Adrien's birthday which was the 8th and Thanksgiving.

We decided to have turkey and meatloaf.

Jason got most of the turkey in last night.

He cut out the breasts so I'll cook those later today.

He also got the meatloaf ready to go, he cooked up bacon and added it right to the meat - he did it last time he made meatloaf at work and it was a hit.

So I just had to cook it today and then get the veggies ready.

I also had a lot of cleaning to do and I wanted to get some of the craft projects that I have going completed, especially the Halloween trios I am making for everyone so they can take them home with them today.

Freya was here with me so I thought it would be hard to get stuff done but she helped me peel the potatoes and carrots and then she 'helped' me clean.

Kody came and picked her up around lunch time so then I was able to get started on the craft projects.

I had a lot of sanding to do and it wasn't very nice outside so I decided to do it in the kitchen.

BIG MISTAKE.

I had dust EVERY WHERE!

I got all the sanding done but ended up having to spend and hour just cleaning up dust.

Lesson learned!

I wasn't able to get all my projects completed but I at least got the sets ready for everyone to take home with them.

I moved everything else into my craft room so I could get the house cleaned up and the table cleared.

I wish I had a better set up in my craft room so I didn't have to keep moving things back and forth.

I'm thinking about making some changes but it's going to be a big project.

I wanted to buy some butcher block to make a bigger table/desk for myself in there so I did look for some yesterday but it's a bit pricier than I expected and I'm not prepared to pay that much so I need to come up with another solution.

By the time everyone started arriving at 5 or so, I had everything set up all nicely.

August is always such a busy month for everyone and we have four birthdays in there that we always seem to miss having suppers for so I had Morgan make four small cakes for tonight so we could sing Happy Birthday to each of the ones we missed (Haylee, Freya, Mel and Alivia).

I am just amazed at how good Morgan is getting so quickly.
I wouldn't be able to do this.
She is very talented.

I picked up a card for my brother yesterday but do you think I could find it today?
That would be a no - I ran out of time so he got a sticky note on his gift (money).
I hate giving just money but I can never think of what to get anyone anymore - I used to be so good at it.

Everyone sitting down to eat.
They were all pretty excited about the addition of meatloaf to the menu and they loved the bacon in it!

These two were just playing around for a while.

 Hunter didn't want turkey dinner so I made him and omelet - I knew he'd eat it and he did so I didn't mind.

My dinner - it was so good.

Then we sang Happy Birthday to everyone, one by one, and let them blow out their candles.
I think that was kind of fun.
I had made Adrien a banana sour cream cake so we had 5 cakes all together!

All the Birthday peeps - plus Hunter, he wanted in on the picture too.

Freya being silly.

It was nice to have everyone over, it's been awhile.
They all visited for a bit then when it was time to go home, the kids all wanted to stay so I let them.

We cleaned up then I had Hunter hold some of my completed projects from today so I could take pictures.

I made two fall signs.

And a Christmas one.

I also found wood slices for the latest batch of trees I made and got them glued together today.

I got some hair added to Sam's girlfriend.
I think she's looking pretty darn good.

Jason and I are both working tomorrow so we went to bed fairly early.
Alivia and Hunter opted to make a 'nest' at the foot of our bed over sleeping in the spare bed downstairs.
I personally would have picked a bed over the floor but they were pretty happy with their choice.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment