Friday 19 November 2021

First Run in the Snow this Winter (Nov.17, 2021)

Jason was back to work today so it was a quiet day in the house for me today. 

It was sunny out at lunch time and I've been missing running outdoors so I made sure to get out there today.

The roads in town are covered in snow and ice, you can't really see the pavement at all so I was very timid about running.

I even changed from my normal running shoes to heavier ones that have better treads because I was so nervous about falling.

I ended up doing 6k and it was nice to be out in the fresh air.

It was chilly but not windy and I warmed up quickly once I got running.

My exercise details.


As you can see, the snowy conditions really wreaked havoc on my average pace and splits.
I had to walk very gingerly in a few icy spots and in other spots I was fighting to get through deeper snow but I got it done and it felt great.

I worked late today then I cooked up pork chops for Jason and I for supper.

Nadine is still busy making signs - she sent this saying it was her favorite so far, I really like it too, the red background really makes it pop.

I mean once you started watching, there was no way you could stop.
You just had to watch until the painting was done.
It was so relaxing too!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment