Sunday 7 November 2021

Road Trip to Canmore (Oct.14, 2021)

 We got up this morning and headed out for a run first thing so we could get that over and done with.

I just kind of ran in the residential area next to the hotel we stayed at!

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
Love seeing it in the 6's!

After the run, we checked out and then stopped at Timmie's for some breakfast.

We had bagel sandwiches.

They were yummy.

We stopped at Walmart to grab a few groceries then we hit the road.
Can you tell we're excited to be heading out on a road trip?

We stopped to gas up in Gasoline Alley and the gas station just happened to have a candy store in it.
I got some salt water taffy, some gingerbread caramels and this muddy buddy popcorn.
The gingerbread caramels were fantastic.

We kind of dilly dallied and took the back highways so the trip took a bit longer than it should have.
When we got to Canmore, there was still a bit of light out and we didn't want to miss it so we got ready and headed out for a walk around town right away.

Neat sculpture we saw.

We walked around town a bit more.

It was starting to get dark at this point but you could still see that it is a gorgeous place with views of the mountains all around.

Looks like that store fits right in with the background.

We were hungry so we found a place to grab some supper, Arashi Ramen.

They had some different options, I decided to go with the Black Tan Tan.

Hungry and waiting for food.

Aww, who is that cute girl?
Oh, that's me! 
😄😄😄

We had some spicy edamame to start.

They made a mistake with mine and gave me both Arashi and Black Tan Tan but I didn't mind at all and it was actually delicious.
(the corn isn't normally in it, I just had them add it for me).

I'm not normally a pork belly fan but this was the best that I've ever had, it was tender and tasty - even the fatty part didn't turn me off like normal.

Overall it was very rich - I actually couldn't finish it, but It was wonderful.

Jason had the Arashi - he really liked it as well.

I wanted some dessert so we ended up having beavertails.
I got the skor cheesecake and it was so wonderful as well.

We packed everything into the condo.

It was a cute little place - the kitchen opened into the dining room/living room area.

The kitchen was on the small side but had everything we needed.

The main bedroom.

The spare bedroom.
This ended up serving as our closet.

The condo was right down town so it was in a great spot - it even had a pretty good sized balcony.
I think we are really going to enjoy our stay here.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment