Wednesday 3 November 2021

Charlottetown, Bay Fortune and Souris (Sept.8, 2021)

Jason rented a cottage for us in Bay Fortune for the next couple nights so we both decided to skip a run this morning and just hit the road instead.

It was a gorgeous day for a drive.


Driving along the rolling farm hills in PEI that I love so much.

I was trying to take pictures as we were driving but it just didn't do it justice.

Probably some of my very favorite scenery in PEI.

We stopped in Hunter River to gas up and get a snack.

It is just so pretty here.

Then it was on to Charlottetown where we stopped at a bike store to rent a couple of bikes for a couple of days.

They had a Specialized just like the one I have at home only this one was pink.

Jason ended up getting a Specialized as well.

I was thrilled - I just love my bike and a pink version was like the cherry on top.
The folks at the bike store were awesome and they gave us a lock, helmets and a little carrying case for the bike too.
So friendly and helpful.

It was such a nice day and we really love Charlottetown so we decided to bike around a bit while we were there.

There is a wonderful boardwalk that runs all along the water but you aren't allowed to ride bikes on it unfortunately.

So we walked our bikes instead.

I love the vines growing all over this arbour.

Someone was under there having some lunch it looks like.

So pretty when the sun sparkles on the water.

Charlottetown is such a pretty city.

The boardwalk looks like it just goes on and on.

When we got closer to the downtown area, we came across the giant numbers for the year so we had to pose for pictures of course.
Jason.

Moi.

We really lucked out with the weather today.

Sunshine always makes me happy!

I love the boat dock area down here.

There was a Cows store - I was so excited!

I would even go as far as to say it's Canada's best ice cream!
The store ended up being closed for the season so I was kind of bummed about that.

The other Cows store in town was open so I did end up getting an ice cream there a little later on.

We were ready for some lunch and we had the opportunity to try another Burger Love so we did.
The Dock-Tor at Nimrod's.

Turns out my cousin Wendy's boyfriend works there and created this burger.
It was pretty good, a little on the spicy side for me.

There is this floating dock on the waterfront with several different places to eat.

I love all the colors/

There was a pizza place with a shwarma pizza so we decided we wanted to give it a try.

It was pretty good - the crust was fantastic.
It even had the pickled turnip on it.

However, seems Charlottetown has a bee problem, at least they did today anyway.
There were so many bees flying around and landing on our food that we just couldn't sit there.

We found another spot away from the water but honestly, the bee problem was the same there.
So we just ate as quickly as we could and just tried to ignore the bees as best we could.

Jason found a friend.

He's got nice pearly whites.

I think we actually bike a lot more than this, I just forgot to turn my tracker back on when we headed back to the vehicle.

We got the bikes loaded up and got back on the road and headed to our cottage in Bay Fortune.
I've never been up to that end of the Island before so I was excited to see it.

Our home for the next two days.
It's so cute.

There was a fire pit in the yard and the River was just right across the street which was just a dirt road.

There was a little screened in porch.

Some gorgeous flowers in the yard.

The cottage was open concept so the living room and bedroom and kitchen all open.

It was small but felt spacious.

The little kitchen.

There were even housecoats provided - does anyone ever use those?
We don't.

The bed ended up being quite comfy.

The bathroom.

I like the colors and the decor.

I love the sea glass art.


Just the note they left to greet us.

The map.

After we checked out the cottage and got our luggage hauled in, we got the bikes out and went for a ride.

A cottage up the road from ours had these giant metal flowers at the end of  their driveway and I thought they were so neat.

After our bike ride, we hopped in the truck and headed for a drive.
Fortune River.

I think this is Bay Fortune.

Their were some gorgeous homes along the Bay.

Just so scenic.

Just love trees so much.

We took a drive past the Inn at Bay Fortune that Chef Michael Smith runs.

Such a pretty spot.
We were hoping that we could go there for a meal while we were here so we tried to make a reservation but they were all booked up.
We did put our name on a waiting list, who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.

We took a drive through Souris and up toward that tip of the Island.
The homes on these cliffs look like they have quite the view.

We decided to stop and check out the Souris boardwalk.

 A little clip of the Souris Boardwalk.

There was a little fish market there - they had fresh lobster for sale.

They also had lobster rolls so you know we had to try one of those.

It was basically all lobster with a little bit of mayo, no fillers, just all rich, creamy goodness.
FANTASTIC!

Our view while we were eating.


I found an ice cream store and it was the end of the season for them so the ice cream was on sale.
This giant ice cream cost 2 bucks!!!!
What a steal!
I sure do love me some ice cream in the summer time.

We walked along the boardwalk.

Then down on the beach.
The tide was out so there was lots of beach to walk on.

The sand had all these ripples on it and looked so cool.

We saw a ton of these snails in the water, like a ton of them!

I had to take my shoes off and get my toes in the sand.

The water was really shallow so nice and warm.

There were lots of sandbars - it was really a lovely beach to walk along.

Somehow, this batman ended up on the beach.

Jason got this shot of me walking along the waters edge and I really liked it.

Jason and I (or our shadows anyway).

The sun setting on the water - so beautiful.

When we got back to the cottage, we cooked up some zucchini from my cousin Lisa's garden and had it along with cucumber, salad and some fish.

We also had picked up some oysters at the fish market so we had those too.
Yum yum.

After supper, I actually did some work.
I said I would still take care of payroll while I was on vacation so I had to log in and do that.
I worked at it all evening - It ended up raining so I didn't mind but it would have been nice to just chill for the evening with Jason too.

I ended up working on a few other little things that popped up too and I'll have to log in a few more times over the next few days to finish up but I got the bulk of it done so that's good.

Meanwhile, back in Alberta, Miss Freya started pre-school today.
She's going to be going two mornings a week, Monday and Wednesday.

We would have loved to be there but since we couldn't, we sent her money so she could go pick herself out a new book bag for school.

She was pretty excited about going.

Ha ha - totally gets that from her dad's side of the family.
He, his dad, his cousins - they all love making that rocker pose (at least that's what I call it).

Miss attitude.

First day of school selfie with Mommy.

It looks like they might have walked over to school and stopped to take pictures by the trees on the way.

At school for the first time.
Haylee and Kody said that she just loved it.

I'm so glad they posted some pictures since we couldn't be there.

Yup!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment