Monday 22 November 2021

Blah Day (Nov.21, 2021)

 I had another restless night - I'm not sure what's going on but gee, I sure wish I could get a really good nights sleep.

The plus side I guess is that I got up super early, made myself a coffee and was able to get all caught up on a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy that I'd missed before it was even light outdoors.

When it did get light out, I saw that we'd gotten a bit more snow overnight so that was my next project.
I got out there and did some shoveling.

It took me about an hour but I got it all done.
It wasn't sunny or overly warm but it was calm and I was thinking that I'd be able to go out for a run today.
I needed to get something into my belly first though.

I made myself some breakfast and found a movie to watch.
For some reason, I haven't been feeling Hallmark movies this year.
So weird!
I normally love them but when I look for something to watch and they come up, they just haven't been appealing to me at all.
Hope that goes away!

I don't know if it was due to lack of sleep or maybe I'm catching a cold or something but I wasn't feeling the best today.
I dilly dallied all day.
Just kind of picked at Christmas decorating a bit - at a very slow speed.

I kept procrastinating on going for my run and then it got really windy out so I changed my mind about doing an outdoor run.
I was even kind of talking myself out of running all together.
So I called Jason to get him to talk me back into it and it worked, he did.

I would be so annoyed with myself if I gave up on my goal of running 5k every day when I only have 10 days left to go.

So I sucked it up and went down and got on the treadmill.
I just figured I'd go as slow as I needed to - I wouldn't push myself and even if it took me an hour, I'd get that 5k in!
I pretty much ran just at a 4.0 the whole time.
It did take me longer than normal but I got 3.535 miles in or 5.69k.

I didn't give it my best effort but on days like today - I'm just so thankful that I got it done.
I'm proud of myself for not giving up on my goal and doing it even though I REALLY didn't want to.

The decorations are slowly going up.

There are still lots of bare spots but it's coming along.

This is where I stopped for tonight.
The lack of sleep caught up with me and I was ready for bed early.
I'll get more done tomorrow.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment