Sunday 7 November 2021

Assessing the Damage (Sept.20, 2021)

 So today was weigh in day.
I knew it wasn't going to be pretty and it wasn't.

196.4 lbs.

That's up 16 lbs since my last weigh in.
I know some of it was from travelling and drop off pretty quickly but I did do some damage that I'm going to have to work hard at reversing, starting today!

I didn't do any tracking and really went crazy eating anything and everything.
It was fun while it lasted but now it's time to get back at it.

It was also time to get back to work.
After being going for nearly 3 weeks I knew I was going to have a lot of catch up to do so I got right to it.

With the Covid cases on the rise here in Alberta, they've sent us back home again to work.

Today also happens to be election day.
I popped down this morning to vote although I don't think it's going to make a lick of difference.
The election is usually decided before they even get to counting the votes out here in the West.
Ontario and Quebec have the bulk of the seats so what they want usually ends up going.
I still voted anyway though because you never know.

I made myself a healthy breakfast.
I didn't end up getting to have any of my omelet, Freya ate the whole thing.
Funny if I made one especially for her, she likely wouldn't have even touched it.

At lunch time, Jason, Freya and I went out for a walk.
We stopped at the hardware to see if any of my stuff had sold and it had.
Nearly all of the pumpkins I'd put there before I left were gone - time to make some more!

A few days ago, Blair told us that a girl we know from town got Covid and collapsed the other day so they had to rush her to Edmonton.

She is a very healthy girl, an avid runner, only in her 30's so it was really surprising.

I've not heard any update on how she was doing but I've been thinking about her ever since.
We stopped to pick up some prescriptions for mom and ran into her mom so we were able to get an update.

Sounds like the Covid attacked her heart and she had a massive heart attack.
For the first four days they didn't know if she was even going to make it.
She still has concerning numbers and even the smallest task is difficult - she can barely even speak because it's just so taxing.
They are over run with patients in the city so they had to send her back here but it looks like she is going to have a very long road to recovery.

I'm glad she is going to be ok and I was kind of hoping that it might wake some of the anti-vaxxers in town up (she wasn't vaccinated).
She came so close to death that you would think it would scare a few people but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It kind of upsets me because if folks continue to refuse vaccination, the virus is going to keep mutating and getting stronger and it will never go away.

I got back to work after lunch - I have soooo many emails to go through.

Freya has a bit of a cold and she wanted me to sit by her this afternoon, I figured she was getting ready for a nap and I was right.
She fell asleep in minutes.
I just held her on me the whole time.

My sweet, sweet girl.
I missed her so much.
Kody and Haylee dropped over just as she was waking to take her home but she wanted to stay so we are going to keep her again tonight.

Jason cooked up chicken breast for supper and we had salad with it.
I was very diligent about tracking my points today and not going over.

We went for another walk after supper to get some chips for Freya.
I didn't get a run in today or yesterday but I did get all my steps.
I need to make sure I go for a run tomorrow though.
Don't want to miss too many days!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment