Tuesday 20 June 2023

Putting a Pool Up in a Hilly Yard is a Big Job (June 3, 2023)

I got up when Jason was heading to work this morning, made myself a cup of coffee then watched the final episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

It was such a great show and I'm really going to miss it.
It was quirky and eccentric and I just loved all of the characters.
I was happy with how it ended.

While I was watching it, Adrien texted to say that he'd gotten called out to work and asked if he could drop Hunter off so Hunter had to watch the last few mintues of the show with me.

Freya was still sleeping, she slept in pretty late.

She was super excited to see that Hunter was there when she got up.
She let me brush her hair and put it in pony tails for her.
I made them both omelets for breakfast.
We go through a lot of eggs at this house.

Then I got a bee in my bonnet about getting some projects done in the house that I've been thinking about.
I want Jason to build me a shoe rack on the wall by our back door and currently our coat rack is there so I need to move it.
I took all the coats off, threw them on the couch and took the coat rack down thinking I could move it and put it on the wall over our electrical panel.

I saw that the screws were in with anchors and I didn't have any so I got the kids ready and we headed down to the hardware for a walk so I could get some.

Mom came with us for the walk too.

We got the anchors and Nanny let both of the kids pick out a toy.
Next we went to Super A to get some treats.
Then Hunter wanted to get his bike so we went to his place and we stopped in at Kody's too.

Kody and Haylee got a pool they want to put up but their lawn is very hilly so we were trying to figure out a way to level it.

We decided to go with building a sqare wooden frame on the ground then filling it with a load of sand.
We went to my place and got some 2x4's, the saw, screws and a few other things we needed then headed back to his place to get started.

While we were at that, Mom went inside and did some cleaning.

We ended up spending the whole afternoon there.

We got the frame partially built then when I left, Kody was going to hammer some stakes in at the corner where the ground is really low, level the frame there and then screw it to the stakes.

I wanted to go home and have some supper plus I'd had a few things that I wanted to get done today.
I walked home and got my vehicle then came back down to pick up Mom and Freya wanted to come back to the house with me.

She had my phone and was taking pictures.
She took this selfie.

She also took this picture of their place.

I didn't get too much done at home, just had some supper then headed back down to Kody's.
He'd leveled the frame but now there was a big gap at the bottom of the frame on the one corner so we went back to my place and got some more 2x4's then screwed them on underneath kind of.

Some of the 2x4's were warped or crooked too so it left gaps in between the boards and in a couple spots they were kind of big so we screwed on some plywood in a few spots to cover that up.

Then my brother went and got a load of sand and dumped it in the driveway.
While he and Kody loaded the wheelbarrow and brought it over to the frame, I was raking it and trying to level it out.

We worked at it until about 8:30 or so then I headed home and left them to it.

Today I am grateful for summer and sunny days, they are just so good for the soul.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment