Tuesday 20 June 2023

Budding Make Up Artist? (Jun.18, 2023)

 I was super tired this morning so I had a bit of a sleep in.

I needed it.

When I did get up, Freya was still sleeping so I made a coffee and put on Firefly Lane.

I have a few episodes left to watch and hoped I could get them in before Freya got up but no such luck.

I got one episode watched - I'll have to save the rest for another day.

When she got up, she wanted to do my make up with a sharpie again but I wasn't down for that.
So instead, I dug out my makeup and let her go to it.

She did a pretty good job I think.
It was quite the mess but she had fun.

She did her own too - the powdery stuff kind of got everywhere so afterwards I convinced her to get in the tub to get washed up.
Washed mine all off too - I never wear makeup and it took a bit to get it off - can't imagine what the sharpie would have been like.

I cooked up an omelet and cut up some fruits and veggies for lunch and Freya and I shared.

I said to smile for Papa and this is what she does.
I dont' know how to get her out of it.

She kept asking for Hunter to come over so I called Adrien to see if he wanted to come play for a bit and he did.
It was pouring all day long which is good because we really need it but it did mean that we spent the whole day indoors.

I went to the store to grab a few things and got snacks for them hoping I could convince them to watch a movie with me but they just wanted to watch YouTube videos.

They started getting restless so around 4:30 I took  them back to Kody's - change of pace for them and I had planned on doing some blog catch up this weekend so I really wanted to get to it.

I finally got our Vegas trip posts completed and posted and it felt good to get that done.
I finished right around 7 then I got some brussels sprouts into the oven for supper and headed down to the treadmill to get the rest of my steps in for the day.

I was doing housework and laundry all day so I did have some steps accumulated but I still needed about 5000 more.

It took me 40 minutes to reach my 13,000.

I didn't do a specific workout, just kind of ran a minute here and there and walked some of it.
The running felt really good today.

Workout done for another day.

My Aunt Betty posted this picture of my Grampie (my maternal grandfather).

Then this was one of the comments someone posted and it made me smile.
I was only 14 when he passed away but I do remember him loving jokes and laughing.
He loved telling jokes and he loved people telling him jokes.
I wish I'd had more time with him.

I didn't enter my stuff in WW today for some reason but I know I didn't go over my points.
So technically I didn't get a blue dot but I know I ate well and that is what matters.

We did eat really late though, Jason cooked up some pork on the bbq at work and brought that home to have with the brussels sprouts - it was really delicious.

I am concerned that weigh in is tomorrow - I know I'll be down but because we ate so late, I'm not sure how much.
Regardless - I'm moving in the right direction so I'm happy.
It feels good to know that I'm doing the right things to get to where I want to be on this health/weight loss journey.

Today I am grateful for all this rain.
It rained the entire day and not just a drizzle, it really rained and while it kept us in the house, we really needed it.
There are still fires burning here in Alberta and there are still people evacuated from their homes so this should really help.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment