Sunday 18 June 2023

A Final Day in Jasper (Apr.30, 2023)

We had a pretty good sleep in this morning, we were both tired after all of the activity yesterday.

When we did get up, we packed up and checked out of the hotel then looked for a place to go have breakfast.

 

I found this place on Google that had pretty good ratings so we decided to head there.

It wasn't in the town of Jasper, it was kind of just on the outskirts.

It looks like kind of a resort area but it says Bistro over the door so this must be the place.

It looks like a nice area, maybe a little on the older side but nice.

The bistro was very nice and out waiter was excellent.
He was really chatty, said he just got here yesterday, he lives in Calgary but comes here to work for 6 months each year and just works 2 shifts everyday for the whole 6 months.
He said it's great though, everyday is like Friday.

The benches were cozy, they had pillows and a nice view of the outdoors.

We ordered a french omelet.

Then we also ordered the breakfast sandwich which we shared.
It was really good - I especially liked the side salad that it came with.

After breakfast, we parked the car back in Jasper and took the bikes out for a spin.

We went on some trails - there are bike trails everywhere and they are nice and dry so it was great.
We ended up biking just over 15k.

The details of the bike ride.

It turned out to be another lovely day here in Jasper.

When we got back after our bike ride, we got the bikes back on the car then walked over to the Bear Paw Bakery to get a treat.
We got a pumpkin pie tart.

A white chocolate raspberry scone.

And an apple ginger muffin.
The scone was the best of the bunch but it wasn't that good honestly.
We had just a bite of each and ended up throwing the rest away.

We sat on the bench there and just enjoyed the weather and the scenery for a bit.

There are always trains coming and going in Jasper and some of them have some pretty cool graffiti on them.

I needed to get some of my steps in so we figured we'd get some of them out of the way before heading home and we just walked the main streets of Jasper.
I had a bubble tea and then we decided to get a pizza before we left town.

They have a Famosa which we both love and it's been a long time since we've been to one since the one we went to regularly in Spruce Grove closed so we decided to go there.

It is quite a nice place actually.

Jason got his Vesuvio which is just Firo-di-latte, basil, Grana Padano, soppressata (spicy salami) and chili salt.
I had a slice but it's a bit on the spicy side for me.
Jason loved it, he said it was the best he's ever had.

I had my favorite, the Cavoletti.
It has Fior-de-latte, brussels sprouts, prosciutto crips, Gorgonzola, dates, walnuts and honey.

It was super good.
After we ate, we walked around town a bit more.

It was just so nice we didn't want to leave.

We did have to get on the road though, it is about a 4 hour drive to home so we finally decided to hop in the car and head out.
I was tired, I'm not sleeping well so Jason drove, bless him.

Going to miss this view.

I was tired and I wanted to sleep but I also wanted to watch the scenery as we were driving.

I watched until we left the mountains then I did fall asleep and slept pretty much half of the drive.
We stopped in Edson and popped into Walmart to get a few things.
We also went to Dairy Queen and I got a blizzard.

Then it was back on the road.
It was around 7 when we got back to town, it was really nice there too.
I still needed a couple thousand steps so Jason and I headed out for a walk so I could get them.
Then he worked on the lemonade stand that he is building for Freya and Zepplyn and I got caught up on some of my vlogs that updated over the weekend.

The race results were posted, Jason did really well, he came in 34th place overall and 5th for his age category.
320 people ran the half marathon so he did really awesome.
I came in 185th overall for the 10k runners, 9th out of 18 for my age category.
Not in the top but that's ok - I'll take it..
256 people ran the 10k.





Ditto.

I thought these were really wonderful words of wisdom.

I didn't run my 1 mile today or on Friday so I finished off the month having run at least 1 mile every day except 3 which is not too bad.
I really felt like my legs needed a rest today so I skipped the run.
Overall I feel good about doing it 27 days out of 30.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment