Sunday 18 June 2023

Off to Jasper for the Weekend (Apr.28, 2023)

Yay, it's Friday, my favorite day of the week.

It also turned out to be a beautiful day which just makes it that much better.

After work, we hit the road for Jasper.
Jason signed us up for a half marathon there tomorrow (I actually dropped down to the 10k , Jason is still doing the half).
 
It's always so nice to see the mountains.

No matter how many times I see them, they are just as amazing every time.

They are just so majestic.

That gorgeous blue glacier water is just amazing every time too.

As we are driving and I'm taking in all the beautiful scenery, I wondered if we'd be lucky enough to see some wildlife and pretty much as soon as I had the thought, we saw a bunch of mountain goats along the road.

Then as we got closer to Jasper, we saw a bunch more.

They were all just chilling there, not a care in the world.

We got to town and went and checked into our hotel right away.
Jason booked us in at the Tonquin this time, a new place for us.
Turns out they have a pool and three hot tubs - I didn't know and didn't bring a bathing suit with but I wanted to make use of the facilities so I figured I'd look for one in town.

It was just a lovely day here, after we checked in, we headed downtown for a walk.

There are views of the mountains every direction you look here in Jasper and it's amazing.

It seemed to be quiet - doesn't hurt my feelings any.

More mountains.

My Honey and I just out and about, enjoying the nice weather.
Looks like he's photo bombing my selfie.

So I took another of us.

I didn't have any luck finding a bathing suit but I did find some shorts that I'll use as a bathing suit with a tank top I brought along - should work.

After a bit of shopping and walking around, we decided to grab a bite to eat.

We picked a spot called Lou Lou's - we'd eaten breakfast there before but never supper.
I had the bulgogi cheesesteak with a salad.

It was actually pretty tasty.
I only ate half of the bun just to cut back on the calories a bit.

Jason had their rice bowl with spicy pork.
I had a bit and it was really good as well.

After we ate, we headed back to the hotel to get our bikes and go for a ride.

There were lots of elk out and about and they weren't one bit concerned with us.

We got our bikes and headed through town.

Jason was leading the way.

What a place to do some bike riding, the scenery is amazing.

Bike selfie.

You can see there is an elk there on the side of the road.

He barely even looks up as Jason passes by.

He was a little curious about us but not much.

We biked 11.75k officially, it was a bit longer actually but I forgot to turn my fitbit on to track the ride and only started it after we'd been biking for a little bit.

The exercise details.

When we got back to the room, we decided to go check out the hot tub.
There was an outdoor one but it was full so instead we went to the pool.
It's a pretty nice sized pool that they have.

There was a hot tube in there as well and there were a couple people in it but it wasn't crowded so we hopped in.

The shorts I bought worked perfectly - glad I got them.

After our dip, we went for another walk into town.
We were feeling a little hungry so we went for some pizza.

We got there just in time, a whole group of guys came in right after us.
They were all wearing cut off pants - there were part of a rugby team from St. Albert.
Apparently there is a big rugby tournament going on here in town this weekend.

We just got a cheese pizza.
It was ok but likely would have been a bit better if we'd added some toppings.
It did the trick though and then we were back to the room to get some sleep.

The run only starts at 1 pm tomorrow so at least we don't have to be up super early for that.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment