Sunday 18 June 2023

Crafting Mode Activated (May 10, 2023)

 Jason started his days off today.

He went out for a run then a bike ride and then he came down and met me and we went for a little walk together.

We made a plan to meet up at Subway for lunch.

Just before lunch he sent me this.
Said he picked up a guest who would be joining us for lunch.

I was happy, I always love seeing her happy little face.
She didn't want any lunch but she did get three drinks, an apple juice, a chocolate milk and a water.
She didn't want to share either - she wanted them all for herself.

I got my usual chicken rotisserie sub - a footlong.
I ate half of it and I'll eat the other half for supper.

I had the best company for lunch!

They had biked down there so I left them and headed home to get my own bike.
I had a massage booked at 4:30 today (right after work) but I wanted to get a little activity in.
I didn't have time to walk back to work so I rode my bike and then Jason said he'd come pick me up after work and take me to my massage so I wouldn't be late.

I added an extra little loop on just because I knew I wouldn't be riding it back home.

The exercise details.
I like looking at the stats/numbers - mainly I like to compare to see if I'm improving.

The program that I work in most often at work was super slow today and kept freezing up.
It's frustrating to work like that - takes two or three times as long to get anything done.
Thankfully that isn't the norm.

Meanwhile up at the house these two were chilling.

She hadn't wanted anything at Subway but as soon as she got home she wanted an omelet.

Jason picked me up after work and dropped me off to my massage then he and Freya went to Swan Palace for supper (she wanted her favorite, fries).
I had my massage with Crystal today, Haylee's mom.

It was my first time going to her, my regular RMT only comes to town on Tuesdays and I was supposed to have a massage with her last week but she was sick and it usually takes a few weeks before I can get in with her again so I figured I'd give Crystal a try and it was great.
I already made my appointment with her for next month.

When I finished up, Jason and Freya were there to meet me and they'd picked up a third along the way, Zepplyn.
They tried out the suction cups on each other and I got Jason to try it out too.
I've been trying to convince him to go for a massage but so far he has resisted.
I think it would be nice for him, for his legs with all the running that he does but he has a massage gun at home that he uses and he insists that is enough.

It kind of blows my mind that not everyone wants to be massaged because I enjoy it so much.

We walked over to the park to get the car then when we got home, Jason and the girls went out to the backyard to play and I was anxious to see how my pictures on my crate would turn out.

I printed some graphics that I liked yesterday and tried the reverse transfer method on the crates.
You just glue the picture on with Modge Podge then wait 24 hours and rub it off and most of the paper goes and the graphic stays.

It takes a bit of a knack to do it but once you figure it out, it works pretty well.
Sometimes a bit of the graphic rubs off as well but I like the rustic look anyway so that is just fine with me.

This is the bee graphic I did - I love it.

I priced it at $25 - I think that is fair.
The crate is made out of real oak too so it's very sturdy even though it is more of a decor piece.

I also made this sign last night.
I like how it turned out.

I got a bunch of stuff ready to go down to the hardware tomorrow.
Once I get into a crafting mood I just don't want to stop.
I have to right now because I ran out of white chalk paint and as you can see, white is my signature color.
I'm going to try making my own but I need to find a recipe then get the ingredients.
We are heading to the city this weekend I think so I'll pick some up then.
I'm also going to pick up some resin and I'm looking forward to trying that out in my IOD moulds.

It was around 9 by that point and I still needed about 3000 steps to reach my daily goal so I went down and hopped on the treadmill.
I only walked so it took me 30 minutes but I got it done.

I didn't even change into workout clothes - just wored but I'd been wearing all day.

Back upstairs Freya was laying on the couch and Jason was in the kitchen making her spaghetti because she decided she wanted some.
He made sauce from scratch then after all that effort, when he gave it to her, she ate one bite then announced she didn't like it.

OMG - what a little rascal.

So we made her some tuna with mayo and she ate that with Ritz crackers - it's her current favorite.
Then we got her to bed - a bit later than we would have liked but it didn't take long for her to go to sleep.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment