Sunday 18 June 2023

Office BBQ (May 4, 2023)

 I had another good nights sleep last night and I'm feeling great today.

It was another gorgeous day out there as well.

I decided to go out for a walk to the road and back in the morning..

Sunshine makes me so happy.

Everything is looking pretty brown right now.

Hopefully it isn't long before it all turns green.

I had to pick Freya up from school and I was going to take her to mom but she didn't want to go there today.
She wanted to come to work with me but that wasn't going to work so I called Morgan to see if I could take her there for the afternoon.
One of the girls she babysits, Ella, is Freya's little friend and they were all outdoors playing for the afternoon so Freya was pretty stoked about going there.

We are having a bbq at the office today and Shennelle had picked up pretty much everything we needed but the salads she'd ordered weren't ready so I stopped and grabbed them then headed back to the office.

Everything was just about ready but not quite so I took my car home and rode my bike back down to the office.

It's just under 2.5k back to the office and it litterally took me 6.23 minutes to get there.

The exercise details.

Bonnie and Shennelle.

Scott and Calvin.

The 'Grumpy Old Men' table - we were teasing them.
Blair, John and Tim.

Bob and I.
We were having hamburgers and potato salad.
I had a burger without the bun and I had picked myself up a Chicken BLT salad as well.
Lunch was super good.

Murray decided to come out and join us.

After work, instead of going straight home, I went for a bit of a bike ride.
Ended up doing just over 10k.

My exercise details.

I dropped the bike off at the house then walked down to the store to pick up a few things for supper (plus I needed some steps).
I made salad, chicken breast and roasted vegetables for supper.

Jason headed out for a bike ride when he got home from work, a long one.
I think he did 21k.
Then he ended up getting called back out to work.

I did a good job of staying off my phone all evening.
I did some Kakuro puzzles, watched some tv and decided to do a face mask.

The mask dried up pretty good - it actually hurt in a few spots when I was pulling it off.
I don't know if it really did anything - my skin didn't feel any different afterwards.

Jason still wasn't home by 10:30 so I decided to go to bed.
I could not for the life of me go to sleep.
I hate that - I'm just lying in bed wishing for sleep and it isn't coming.
Finally at midnight, I got up and tried reading for a half hour to see if that would help.

It did not.

Jason got home after 1, came to bed and he had a tough time falling asleep too but I think he was asleep by 2.
Not me, 3 am came and went and I was still awake.
So frustrating and I was so good about not looking at my phone at all last night.

I was cleaning in my bathroom last week and noticed I had some pills for sleep aid and for some reason I thought of those and got up and took a couple.

I don't know if they worked, but I did eventually fall asleep.
Getting up in the morning is going to be brutal!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment