Monday 19 June 2023

Freya Gets her Tonsils and Adnoids Out (May 18, 2023)

Today is the day of Freya's surgery.
They had to be over to the hospital early to get checked in and everything.

Freya knew what was going on and she was a little scared this morning.
So she was reallly stuck to Mom & Dad.
She was saying she didn't want them to take her tonsils, she wanted to keep them.
Poor dear.

Hopefully she won't get sick as often as she does now once they are out.
Kody and Haylee headed over there with her and I just asked them to keep me posted.

After they left, I went out for a walk, stopped in at Walmart for some supplies then headed back to the hotel in Westlock.
Jason found an airbnb for us that is a bit closer to home so he has less of a drive each day so we are heading over there today and we needed to be out of our room by 11. 

I didn't bother to put the cats back into the cat carriers, I just carried them out to the car in my arms one at a time.
Paddington drove the whole way to the new place sitting in his kitty litter box.

Professor Snuggles roamed around a bit more - neither one of them like driving but they did better this time around.
They didn't cry the whole time.

They finally called today about getting Mom in for a sleep apnea test.
We already know that she has it but because it was so long ago they want to test again.
I'm hoping if we get her a new machine it will help her sleep better at night - she doesn't sleep well.

Freya's surgery went well but they ended up spending the rest of the day there in the city.
The Doctor said that her tonsils and adnoids were huge and they were surprised she could breath at night.

They wanted her to sleep through for one hour before releasing her but it was so noisy in there that she kept sleeping on and off all day but couldn't make it to the one hour mark consecutively.

They were minutes away 11 pm and then she woke up and they wanted her to stay but Kody and Haylee decided to just leave at that point.

They sent us a picture when they got back to Rita's 
She's doing well but they are giving her advil and tylenol.
You can see her cheeks are pretty puffed up.

Meanwhile we made it to our new rental and we quite like it but there is no wifi and no tv.

I found a puzzle so I started working on that and basically spent my evening at it.

I did get out for a walk in the evening when Jason got back from work so I could get the rest of my steps in.
I was quite nervous because we are kind of out in the bush, every noise I heard I thought was an animal.
We ended up having to head back because I was too scared and I just walked around inside the house to get my steps.
It took forever and my hip was sore when I was done but I did it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment