Wednesday 21 June 2023

The Mitsubishi is Going to Car Heaven (June.20, 2023)

The rain finally stopped.

I'm glad we got it because we needed it but I think we got plenty so we should be good to have a bit of sunshine for a while now.

It was still chilly out though - I'm still wearing pants and long sleeve tops. 

They cut a bunch of trees down around the office over the weekend and it looks kind of bare.
It looks kind of messy too but I think they are planning to clean that all up and plant some new shrubs or different trees.
They might even let us girls pick out what we want to put there.

I got a call from the insurance adjuster this morning and it's not good news for my little car.
It's going to cost upwards of $24,000 to fix it so they've decided that it is a write off.
I'm surprised to be honest - I didn't think it was that bad but there you go.

She said another adjuster would be taking over my file from here and he would call with further details on what they are going to give me for the car.

He did call in the afternoon, he sent me out a spec sheet which we are supposed to fill out and send back by Thursday then they will give me the 'number'.
Once they do, I can have the rental for 3 more days.

It's kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to being payment free in 2 years and now I'll have to start all over.
I'm not even sure if they'll give me enough to pay out the loan on the car - here's hoping.
If they don't - it should at least be close (but if they did that would be far better of course).

Guess that means we are going car shopping.
Jason does have 2 work trucks so we don't have to be in a big hurry which is good - I don't know a lot about cars so I don't really enjoy car shopping.

I usually end up just picking something to get it over with and I don't want to do that this time so it might take a few trips to find something that we both truly like.

I got out for a walk to the road and back this morning.
The sky is looking nice and blue - still cold though.

I had to wear my coat but that's ok - I was just happy I was able to get out.

I did hop on the treadmill at lunch time just to get some more steps in - I didn't want to have to do it all at the end of the day.

I didn't walk as long this time so I didn't get sweaty.

I watched some more of Queen Charlotte while I was on there - I'm quite enjoying it.

I got out for another walk to the road and back in the afternoon.

Then after work I had less than 3000 steps to go so I hopped on the treadmill and got those out of the way right away.

Then I got to work on my blog - I am so close to being caught up - only 2 posts left to go from when we were evacuated then all the rest since then are ready to go and just need published.
I got them all done and I'm right up to date and it felt great because it's been hanging over my head for a bit now.

We still have lots of pork left over so I prepared brocolli and instant mashed potatoes to go along with that for supper.

Just as I was finishing up, Kody called to say that Freya wanted to come for a visit so he brought her over.

She wanted to do my make up again so I let her.

She's really got it caked on there.
It was hard to get off.

Then Pap was her next victim subject.

Giving Papa a make over.

Wow - looks great!

After I had my face all cleaned off, she decided she wanted to do it again.
I tried to talk her out of it but she was insistent.
She ended up covering my whole face with black eye shadow then drew on it with washable markers to give me tattoos.
I didn't take a picture but it was quite the look and it was super hard to get it off.
Think I might have to pick up some make up remover or different make up if this is going to become a new thing.

They posted some pictures on their website from the Jasper Rockies Half Marathon we did at the end of April and I finally had a chance to look through them all, there were a lot.

There's Jason running.

I told him to watch out for the camera and he did.

Even gave them a thumbs up.

There he is again with another smile and a wave.

I had a hard time finding some of me but I did find a few.
I have my head down and I'm struggling but I'm doing it.

I was behind this guy with the baby carriage most of the time, that's why I was having such a hard time finding pictures of me.

There's one where I'm not blocked.

Coming into the finish line - I was so happy that it was just about over.

Somone got this nice one of Jason - even though it's of his back, I really like it for some reason.

While I was looking through pictures I found this one of me from 2 years ago - I was looking good!
I checked back and I was 181.6 lbs on this day.
The lowest I got to was 179.4 lbs and I wasn't there very long.
I'm on my way back there though and plan to go even further this time.

I earned another blue dot today - I'm feeling really great.
Today I am thankful for all the rain we got and hopefully it helps with all the fires that are still burning.
I'm also thankful for car insurance and getting a new car is a good thing -
 I'm grateful that we have other vehicles so I'm able to take my time and pick something I really like.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment