Sunday 18 June 2023

Lazy Saturday (Apr.22, 2023)

 This is how my morning looked....

Lots of kitty cuddles.

He is just so snuggly.

I love when he puts his paw up by my neck like he's hugging me.

Aww - my little snuggle bug.

I was so tired this morning, I just didn't want to do anything.
I don't know what was wrong with me.

I kept going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to go to the city for the night - Morgan was going to come with me.
Ultimately I decided not to go.
Freya dances tomorrow at 12:25 so I decided I'll just get up early in the morning and drive in to watch it.
I figured I'd try to get some laundry done today and blogging and it would save me some money if I didn't have to get a hotel room.
I needed to get a run in too so I had lots to do here today.

I just couldn't get myself going though.
I walked down to the store to pick up a few things thinking that would get me perked up but when I got back home I just felt exhausted.

I was falling asleep on the couch and around noon I actually laid down on the couch to have a nap which is something I rarely do.

When I got up I felt a bit better but I still didn't feel like doing much.
I had a pre-workout energy drink just trying to get myself moving then I got my running gear on and headed out for a walk/run.

I walked for a while first before I finally felt like running and when I did start - it felt really good.
My legs felt the best they've felt in a very long time and the running actaully felt easy on my body.
So that was encouraging.

I ran down to the office which was about 3.5k, then stopped in there to use the washroom and I also changed.
I had on a big hoodie but it was way too warm so I switched it out for a vest I had a the office.

On the way back home, I did a combination of running and walking.
I'd walk to a light post then start running and run to the next one then walk again and so on.

At the end, I ran down a hill right by the house just so I could run back up it.
The uphill is hard but I also know it's good practice for me and it makes it easier knowing it is right at the end of the run - just do it then I'll be done.

I ran 3.5k straight down to the office then a bit more after that but I didn't set my fitbit to track the run for the portion on the way home.

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
The fitbit got stuck when I was trying to end the workout so that's why that last half km looks like it took so long, it really didn't.

I felt so much better afterwards, proud of myself that I'd gotten out there and gotten it done.

Nadine had called partially through my run - she was at my house but I obviously wasn't home so when I got home, I got in the car and drove up to her house for a visit.
I sat and chatted with her until 8 pm.

Jason had taken his bike with him to work and was biking home so I figured he'd be getting home right around then and I had picked up salads for he and I for supper.

Meanwhile, in the city, Zepplyn had dance today - they got gold medals.
Way to go girls!

Freya had a flower to give to Zepplyn when she finished her dance.
For some reason, neither girl wanted to smile for their pictures today.

It was another quiet evening which was just fine with me.


Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment