Tuesday 20 June 2023

The Morning After and Smoky Day (June 8, 2023)

 Kody was called out to work this morning and Haylee was already working so they asked if Jason could watch Freya.

I went over and picked her up and took her to Jason and poor little dear was soooo sleepy.

She was in a mood.

Jason sent me these and said it was like she was nursing a raging hangover.
They did have a party at the house last night for kody's birthday so she likely got to bed fairly late.

He kept me informed all morning through pictures.
She was at least eating something now.

Still not in the best spirits though.
Ha ha.
I know I shouldn't laugh when she does this but I can't help myself.

He tried to convince her to go back to bed and get some sleep.

Starting to look a little chipper.

By lunch she was finally up, trying on dresses and in a better mood.

I got out for a walk to the road - it was beautiful weather out there, 25 C.

A little on the smoky side today - you could smell the smoke in the air too.

I had my left over sub from yesterday for lunch today.
Freya was up and about so doing much better than this morning when I first dropped her off.
She still didn't want to do much though - Jason tried to convince her to walk me back to work and she did not want to.

So I biked back down.
I didn't leave myself enough time to go extra so I just headed straight to the office.

The exercise details.
The way to work is mainly downhill so these stats are far different than the ones for the ride back home.

Freya finally fell asleep for a bit in the afternoon.

She was laying on Jason's arm and he didn't want to wake her so he just sat like this with her the whole time she was sleeping.

I got out for another walk in the afternoon - it was getting much smokier out there.

Jason didn't get to do a whole lot today so I didn't really add any extra onto my ride home, just pretty much went straight there so he could go get a run in if he wanted.

Going up the hill felt soooo tough - I made it without having to push my bike but man, is it ever going to get easier?

Jason bbq'd some chicken for us for supper and we had a salad along with it.
Still following WW, tracking my points and racking up the blue dots.

We finally convinced Freya to go out for a walk and just as we were leaving, Kody dropped by to pick her up so we just said we'd walk her home.

As Kody was driving away she was yelling good bye to him and he didn't answer her so she looks at me and she says "your son isn't listening to me".

She stopped to smell the lilacs.

She was picking flowers for Jason and I.

It was very tedious work.

She gave us each one little petal - ha ha.

Running among the lilacs.

Everytime we saw a pile of dirt she'd stop and make 'castles'.

She wanted to go to the skate park - she loves it there.
As we were on our way she says "No kids better be at my skate park".

We played there for a bit then we went to the park and played there for a bit as well then we took her home.

Then we went back home and my plan was to do some more blog catch up but I'd started a puzzle at lunch time and because I'm puzzle obsessed, I had to finish it (and I did).
It took me the whole evening but it's done.

I love doing jigsaw puzzles but they just consume me so no more puzzles for a while!

Today i'm thankful for my bike - I love riding it to work and I love that it only takes me minutes to get to the office.
Another blue dot today - go me!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment