Sunday 18 June 2023

How Has It Been A Year Already? (May 9, 2023)

Had a busy morning.

Both Haylee and Kody were working so I took Freya to school for them and then went and picked her up after.

The plan was to take her to mom to watch but she wanted to go with Morgan.

So I asked Morgan if I could drop her off there and Morgan was ok with it.

 

I rode my bike down to work after lunch. 

I left a bit early so I could do a little extra.

It was raining a little at home time so I got Bonnie to give me a lift home then I drove back down and picked up my bike.

I hopped on the treadmill to get my steps in.

I walked for the first 10 minutes then I did a 1 and 1 workout, I ran for a minute and then walked for a minute and repeated that for 40 minutes.

My left groin was bothering me again.

I wish I could just be injury free - It's not like I've been doing anything overly strenuous so I'm not sure why it is still hurting.

It's a bit frustrating.

It felt good to be done though and I got all my steps in that I needed.
I think I'll do this 1 and 1 workout again tomorrow.
I really want to build up my running again.

I made pea and peanut salad for supper.
Maybe not the most healthy salad out there but tasty.

I finished up another sign.
I used my IOD stamps for this one and I quite like how it turned out.

I have one more board that I picked up at the second hand store on the weekend and I think I may try to do something like this with it.
(This is not my picture, it was from Pinterest)

Today marks 1 year since we lost my Dad.
I think about him all the time and miss him every day.
Sometimes it's easy to believe that he's just still there in Newfoundland enjoying his days fishing and hanging out with his fur babies but he's not.
I can't call him and chat with him and I really hate it.

I shared some pictures of him today on social media.
Sometimes it feels awkward or something to share on there - like it feels too big of a thing.
But I also want him to be remembered and when people comment and share memories or reminisce about what a great person he was, it warms my heart and kind of makes me feel a little better.

So here are some pictures of my dad over the years.

He was such a cute little guy.

This is him making his First Communion - I see alot of my nephew Hunter in this picture.

Teen years - my brother Rob has his small mouth.

When he joined the military - he was such a baby, just 18.
So handsome too - I can see why my Mom fell for him!

This is my Dad and I.
He was stationed in Alert in the North Pole when I was born and didn't even meet me until I was a few months old.

Dad, my brother Rob and I.

The whole family.

This is when my Dad was deployed to Cyprus, I was 12 years old and he had to leave on my birthday.
He was gone for 6 months and it was a tough 6 months, his mom passed away while he was gone and so did my mother's younger brother, Paul, he was killed in a car accident at just 21.

This was the first time we went out to Newfoundland to visit Dad and Dee.
Kody and Morgan with their Pepe.

And one of the last pictures of Dad with his boy Ranger.
My dad loved his animals, they were his babies.
Ranger had a tough time after Dad passed away - looking around the house for him and waiting for him to return.
Now Ranger is passed on as well.

Just a few pictures seems hardly enough to honor his memory but I wanted to acknowledge it somehow.
He was such a kind, gentle soul - the world is a little less bright without him in it.
I am so blessed to have had him as my Dad, to have learned from him and spent time with him and have been loved by him.
As much as I miss him I'm grateful every day that I got to have him as my Dad.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment