Tuesday 20 June 2023

Summer Patio Days (June 9, 2023)

 It was a nice day out again today so you know what that means.

I headed out for a walk to the road and back to soak it all in.

Jason went for a bike ride and ran into Hunter out riding his bike.
He sent me this picture wanting me to take special note of Hunter's foot attire.
Doesn't everyone wear rubber boots on sunny dry days when they are out bike riding?

Jason came and met me at the office and we walked home together for lunch.

Then we biked back down to the office together afterwards.

The exercise details.

It was a gorgeous sunny day so Blair, John, Bonnie and Shennelle came out to the picnic tables and we all had a bit of a visit with Jason.

I finished up for the afternoon then Jason and I decided to head to the city.
He had us signed up to run a 10k trail run in Fort Assininboine tomorrow but it's in the bush and you need to have bear spray because there are bears around so that didn't really appeal to me.

Jason said he wasn't that stuck on it so we decided to try our first Park Run tomorrow instead.
They have one in the River Valley so we decided to stay downtown at our usual spot, Coast.

They put us up on the 22nd floor again so we had a pretty good view.

This is looking down into the parking lot across the street.

It's a bit smoky and hazy here from all the fires but not terrible - not like what they just had in New York last week.

These are just a couple of pictures I found online depicting what it looked like there last week.

Isn't that crazy?

We stopped in at the West Edmonton Mall for a bit and Jason found himself a pair of Nike Vapourflys.
He's been on the look out for some new Alphafly's but so far no luck so he figured he'd give these a try.
They were his size and on sale so it was a no brainer.
He's going to test them out tomorrow.

We went for a walk around the downtown then stopped in at the Rocky Mountain Ice House to grab something to eat.
They had outdoor seating which we took advantage of because it was so nice out.

We shared a Thai Chicken Salad.

And a Chicken Quesadilla.
I tracked all my points and I figured I would likely not have a blue dot today but I just barely did.

It was such a nice evening - I love summer nights like this.

It was fun to people watch while we were sitting there, it kept us entertained.
Especially these two young guys that were stumbling around all over the place.
They were both so drunk they could barely stand up and it was only 10:30 or so by that point.
I don't miss those days at all (to be honest, I've never been as wasted as these guys were).

Especially the buying running shoes part!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment