Tuesday 20 June 2023

Sunny Days, Snow Shovels and Silly String (June 2, 2023)

It's Friday, Yay, My favorite day of the week.

It was quite nice otu so I got out for a walk to the road and back.

(All I can think about when I look at this picture is how fat my face is looking again)

Look how clear and beautiful the sky is.

I stopped at the store to grab a salad for lunch and Haylee and Freya were there.
Needless to say, I ended up with company for the afternoon.
It was quiet at the office (it always is on Friday's) so I brought her down there with me to work.
I just shut the door to my office and gave her some paper and markers and that kept her busy while I worked.

I had to leave a little early to take mom to Whitecourt.
She is going to be tested for sleep apnea (which we pretty much already know she has) and we had to go pick up the machine.

Freya came with us - she had my phone and took a selfie.

Rob also came along - He is turning 50 this year, not until November but Mom is already starting to buy his 50 presents and she wanted him to come pick out shoes and jeans.
Freya took this picture of him.

Another selfie.

Her taking a picture of Rob taking a picture of her.
Ha ha.

We picked up the machine that Mom has to wear tonight that will record and monitor a bunch of stuff while she's sleeping.
Then we went to Marks to do some shopping.
Freya was all over the place and I was just chasing her around so I took her outside thinking we could go look at the hanging plants at Canadian Tire but I could not get her to go there.
She just wanted to walk on the curbs and so I just let her.

I decided an attempt at doing any shopping with her would be futile so instead I took her for an ice cream.

When Mom and Rob finished up, we stopped at Edo for supper then headed home.

Hunter came over and we spent the evening out in the yard.
It was a gorgeous night.

Zepplyn left her roller skates at my place and Freya loves wearing them - she hasn't got the hang of them yet but she's trying.

Hunter came up with a new game for them to play.
He was dragging her around in the snow shovel.

She loved it.

She wanted to try to pull him around but Jason ambushed them with a sneak silly string attack.

Trying to get me.

There was silly string all over the place.

Freya trying her darndest to get the silly string working.

SUCCESS!

Helping Papa get Hunter.

After the silly string battle, we walked down to the store and the kids rode their bikes.
We let them both get a couple treats.
Freya's favorite is vanilla soft serve.

Hunter got an ice cream too and a powerade.

Riding the bikes back up the hill was hard work so we had to stop and sit on the bench and have a bit of rest before carrying on.

Both of the kiddos were going to spend the night then just before bed time Hunter changed his mind and wanted to go home so Adrien came and got him.
He said it would be much more comfortable to sleep in his own bed then on the floor at the foot of ours.
I don't disagree with him.

I've literally done this before - watched a show I had absolutely no interest in because I didn't know where the remote was and didn't feel like getting up to look for it.
Kind of pathetic really.

Day two of tracking went well, tracked everything and stayed within my points range so I got another blue dot.

Today I am grateful for family and for living so close to them and being able to spend time with them, the kiddos especially.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment