Tuesday 20 June 2023

Home Sweet Home (May 25, 2023)

 Well it's back to work this morning for me.

I got up around 5, had a shower then started packing my stuff into the car.

It's a 45 minute drive or so back to Swan Hills so I wanted to be on the road by 6 am at the latest and I was.

I took Paddington with me (Jason will take Professor Snuggles with him later when he comes home).
I didn't even bother to put him in the cat carrier, just let him sit in the car with me.
He was a bit upset but not as bad as the ride down here.
He started out on my lap then tried a few other places before finally settling here beside me for most of the ride.

It was a nice drive back to town - everything was nice and green looking.

I dropped Paddington off at the house then headed down to the office.

They were starting the field back up this morning so everyone was there for a meeting with Bob.

Hopefully all goes good for them out there today and they get the field back up and running.

Meanwhile back at the air bnb, Jason said the Professor Snuggles was moping - missing Paddington no doubt.

He went for a run and he said it was quite nice.
It is a very peaceful spot where the air bnb is - I think I'd rend it again honestly even though it's only 45 minutes away just because I enjoyed it so much.

Jason didn't bother to put Professor Snuggles back in his cat carrier for the drive home either.
He was a little less upset than last time - He did still do a bit whining, making these funny noises that he does but overall he sat and watched out the window and maybe didn't enjoy it but did at least tolerate it.

I picked up a croissant sandwich and a bag of chips for lunch.
I was going to start back diligently on WW today but I had a Starbucks drink on the way home this morning so I decided I'd make today a good treat day and start back tomorrow.

Jason got home while I was on lunch.
He took the bikes off the car for me then he rode down to work with me.

So just a short 2.13k back down to the office on the bike.

The exercise details.

Before he left the airbnb this morning, Jason went around and took some pictures.
This is the yard.

This is the house.

I love the big deck out front.

Just another of the house.

Just looking out to the yard from the house.

This is the lane out to the road.

The kitchen - I love how nice and spacious it is.

The entry way or mud room.

Looking from the kitchen to the living room.
There are two bedrooms and a bathroom at that end of the house.

Nice big sliding doors to get out to the deck.

The dining room.

Looking toward the dining room and kitchen from the living room.

Then the same but just from a different angle.
The couches were very comy, they were all recliners.

The hallway in the back.

One of the bedrooms (there were three all together).

This bedrooom had a queen size bed.

And a set of bunk beds.

The second bathroom.

He didn't get any pictures of the primary bedroom where we slept but there were two big queen size beds in there and it had a huge, full en suite bathroom and a nice big walk in closet too.

There were some out buildings beside the house.

This is looking front on to it.

Behind the house were fields where they feed their cattle sometimes.

Jason noticed a butterfly while he was out taking pictures.

He loves getting close ups of insects - they do look pretty cool.

Then these are at the end of the lane right before the gate to leave the property.

I think they could kind of scare a person.

The sky was looking pretty.

Then this is just the road driving out.
The house is back on a range road, it's very quiet and peaceful and pretty.
I kind of feel like there is a good chance we will go stay there again sometime.
I think we might have been the very first guests.

When he got back home he said Tabitha was there looking for snacks.
He figures whoever her owner is must have left her in town alone during the evactuation because she'd lost a significant amount of weight and was super hungry.

A few pets were left in town and I can't imagine how someone could do that?

After work, Jason rode back down and met me at the office so we could bike home together.
I forgot to turn my fitbit on to track it but it would have been at least another 2.13k.

We dropped the bikes off at the house then walked over to Swan Palace for supper.
I was craving french fries so I ordered some and a beef dip to go along with it.
It was super good.

Then afterwards we went for a walk as I still had a lot of steps that I needed to get.

It was a really nice evening for a walk

It was so nice to come back home and see the house safe and sound.
(Jason mowed the lawn this afternoon - looks good)

We got back to the house and Paddington was lying like this in the sunshine in the doorway.
He looks so funny, like a beached whale or walrus or something.

Kody had texted while we were at supper to say that Freya wanted to come for a visit so I texted when we got home to let him know he could bring her over if she still wanted to come and of course she did.

I didn't get to see her as much as I would have liked while we were evacuated and Jason didn't see her at all so we were both super happy to see her.

She was showing me where they took her tonsils out.
She still isn't feeling the best, she's still in pain and coughing a lot and just not regular spry little self.
Her voice is changed too - it's gotten a lot softer - I wonder if it will go back once everything has healed completely?

We hung out - her and Jason did some playing and she ended up spending the night.
You could tell that she was starting to hurt again but trying to get her to take medication is like trying to pull teeth.
I did convince her to take a chewable jr tylenol - she really should have had 1 and a half but I could only get her to take one.
Then she asked to go to bed so you know she wasn't feeling well.
She fell asleep almost immediately.

I had several treats today but tomorrow it is back on track.
I'm going to do a weigh in too just to assess the damage - hopefully it isn't too bad!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment