Sunday 18 June 2023

Freya''s First Dance Competition (Apr.23, 2023)

I was up early to shower and get my hair done then Morgan and I were on the road by 8 am. 

I love spending time with my niece and it was nice to get to catch up.
We got there a bit early so we did a bit of shopping then we went to Subway to get some lunch.
Then we decided to just head on over to the center where the dance was going on.

Kody was arriving there the same time as us - he did have to work this morning but he got done early so he was able to come in to watch Freya dance after all which was nice.

They don't allow you to take pictures or videos at all while the kids are dancing which I understand but it is disappointing.
One little guy kept laying down and pulling up his shirt and just doing all kinds of funny little things that I'm sure his parents would have liked to video and have.
I think at her recital on next Friday night they are going to have someone video it and then sell copies.
I hope so because we are going to miss it and I'd really like to see it.

She got lots of flowers after her dance - she was very proud.

I love the expression on her face here.

With Mom and Dad.

Nice Family photo.

One with just Mommy and Freya.

Her whole dance class and their instructor.

Freya and Ella.
What a coincidence they were both wearing read coats.

Peek a boo!

We all went out for lunch together afterwards and Freya wanted to drive with Morgan and I in my vehicle.
She got this cute little red coat at the second hand store this weekend - I really like it.

We went to Morinville Grill for lunch - I tried to get a selfie of all of us - Zepplyn wouldn't look though.

I tried a couple times.

She wasn't budging - ha ha.
Oh well, I got everyone else in there.

I had to run into St Albert to get a few things after we ate and Freya wanted to come with me.
She wouldn't get in the cart and had her own agenda when we got to Walmart so I really didn't get much accomplished.
The main things I wanted were Boom Chicka Pop popcorn and Built bars but the store had neither which was kind of a bummer.

Freya picked out a few things including to big bouncy balls and when we were walking out to the car, the balls blew off the cart and were blowing down the road in front of Walmart.
I had Freya and a cart full of stuff so I couldn't chase the balls, I was just going to let them go then this nice guy got out of his car and got them for me.

I could have stopped at Costco for the popcorn but I just wanted to get home so I didn't bother.

Freya really wanted to come to our place for a visit - of course I said that she could.
She wanted to know when Jason was getting home, she was really looking forward to playing with him and having him tickle her to the 'na na na na' song.
Ha ha - the things kids say.

She and I hung out and cuddled until Jason got home then they went and played and I hopped on the treadmill.

I only ran for 1 mile of this but I stayed on extra walking because I needed the steps.
The new and unfortunately final season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is out so I watched an episode of that.
It's such a quirky, eccentric kind of show but I just love it - the character Abe is so funny, really all the characters are.
It's unusual but a great show.

Got my 1 mile done and my 13,000 steps for the day so feeling happy!

A few pictures from Alivia's dance today.

She did her duet dance today and it looks like they got silver again - way to go girls!

Just a little ha ha for today.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment