Sunday 18 June 2023

Whitecourt Trip with Two of My Best Girls (May 6, 2023)

I had a bit better of a sleep last night thank goodness.

When I did get up, I had a coffee and a bit of a cuddle with my little love bug.

He just loves to cuddle.

Morgan and I had plans to go to Whitecourt to get a few things.
Haylee had to work and Kody got called to work so he dropped Freya off and I took her with us.

We went to the second hand store first thing and I picked up a few outfits for Freya a couple pairs of capris for myself.
Freya found a dress that she wanted - it was a size 16 which of course is way too big for her but she insisted she wanted it.

I was finally able to talk her out of it when I found a similar dress in a smaller size.

I dropped Morgan off to get her eyebrows done then took Freya to get something to eat.
She was hungry and requested hot wings.

I took her to Swan Pizza - she only got to eat a couple wings then Morgan was calling for us to come pick her up.

We made a stop at Walmart to pick up a few things then we headed home.
I had wanted to go to the Dollar store but shopping with a 4 year old isn't always easy - things always seem to go sideways so I just skipped it and we headed home.

Kody was home but ended up getting called out to work again.
Turns out Fox Creek was evacuated this morning and they wanted him to take a piece of equipment out there.
Then they wanted him to be on call so he figured he'd be gone a day or two possibly.
A bit scary but I'm sure he'll be safe.
Mom's always worry about their kids though even if they are 30.

Freya was so excited to play when Jason got home.

We convinced her to go for a little walk first though.
She loves running up and down this stone path on our neighbor's yard.

Probably not appropriate but her and Jason play this little game where they give each other the finger all different ways.

They'll pull them out of their pockets or from behind their backs.
I don't think she really knows what it means but she knows its not good and she likes doing it for the shock value.
So Jason talked to her and convinced her that she can do it with him but not to anyone else and so far, his rational seems to be working.

This is another stop she always wants to make, climbing on these rocks.

OMG - what a little imp she is.
Posing for Papa.

I picked up the little sweater she's wearing at the second hand store this morning.
I love the little hood on it, it reminds me of a gnome, it's super cute.

We had a lot of detours on the way to the store.
She loves running around on all the ramps at the skateboard park so she and Jason did that for a bit and I walked around trying to get all my steps in.

We did finally make it to the store before it closed then by the time we got back home, I had all my steps in for the day.

His brother ended up calling just as we got back to the house to check on us due to all the wild fires all around us.
Sounds like some of the south side of Grande Prairie was evacated too.

They talked for quite some time catching up so it was late by the time he finished and could go play with Freya and she was pretty wound up by then.
She was determined to get all the playing in that she wanted so it was midnight by the time we convinced her to go to bed.

She wanted to wear this new little dress that Jason had gotten for her in Las Vegas to bed as a nightie.
It's really nice and soft fabric.
It looks super cute on her too.

She was still a bit hyper - took a bit to settle her down but once she did, she was out like a light.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment