Tuesday 20 June 2023

First Park Run, Rosewood Cafe, Pedicure & Tiramisu (June 10, 2023)

 The Park Run was at 9 and it was about a half hour walk or so from where we were staying so we headed down there right after 8.

We had to go down these stairs to get down into the River Valley - not a bad warm up for the morning run.

This guy was just flying up and down these stairs - he was super fit.
Lots of people work out at these stairs, I think they run up and down them - it would be a super good workout that's for sure!

Such a nice view here of the High Level bridge.

And the rest of the river valley.
You can see it's still quite hazy and smokey.

Jason got a picture of me coming down the stairs.
I had my Alphaflys on so I was nervous coming down the stairs - they aren't the best shoes for balancing so I felt like I had to hang on to the rail the whole time.

We found the starting line.

Got in some stretching.

We are both big Nike fans - can you tell?

Ready to do this thing!

Jason stopped on the bridge to take a picture of the river.
It's so nice and calm.

I just wanted to be able to run the whole thing without stopping and I did.
It was hard and I did want to stop and walk a few times but I didn't so I was very proud of myself.

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I was actually surprised because I felt like I was going much slower.

I recieved an email with my ParkRun results not long after finished the race.
I really enjoyed it and I think we will most definitely run it again if we happen to be in the city.
There are a few other ones in Alberta as well - may have to look up those and try them out.

The start and finish line for the run was right by Victoria Park and there happened to be a British Car show going on in there today so we went by and had a look at the cars.

I'm not a big car person so I have no idea what kind of cars these are but I just know that some of them looked pretty cool.

I like the little convertibles of course.

I liked how they had them set up too - kind of in a circle with the fronts pointing out instead of all just in a line.

My favorite number.

The side view.

They had the hoods open so people could see the engines (so not my thing).

These really old ones are pretty cool - these people really take good care of their vehicles you can tell and it's impressive.

I think it would be fun to go driving around in one of these on a sunny afternoon.

Some new stuff.

There were a few mini's there.

They are so itty bitty.

This one with the wood on it was cool.

The man had to unfold himself to get out of it.
Said he drove it all the way up from Sylvan Lake this morning.

He was talking to Jason and I for a bit - kind of one sided since he seemed to be hard of hearing.
Ha ha.
Jason would ask him a question and he would reply with somethign totally unrelated to the question.
It was kind of funny.
Very nice man though.

Flowers in bloom.

Walking back up the stairs was tough, I had to stop for a break twice on the way up but I made it.

It's a nice little park at the top.

Name after this Constable that was killed while on duty.

We found a path that ran along side of this trolley line so we followed it and it just basically took us back to Jasper Ave.

Jason always notices these little things.

We went back to the hotel, showered up, changed and checked out then decided to go for a bike ride.
We parked near Best Buy downtown then hopped on our bikes from there.
We noticed this Rail Park so went to check that out - it was pretty small so it didn't take long.
Also there were a lot of homeless people hanging out in there.

So we just kind of rode around the downtown area.

Stopped for a quick minute to look for a spot to go have some lunch.

Display in one of the shopping areas down there.

Jason found a place for us to have lunch called Rosewood Cafe - we had bit of trouble actually finding it but when we did, we stopped to have some lunch.

By that point we'd ridden nearly 10k.

The exercise details.

It was nice inside - big and roomy.

They had a bunch of baked goods.

They looked delicious and I so wanted something but refrained.

We ordered a salmon sandwich that came with a side kale salad and the salad was fantastic.

So much green stuff - I love it.
Sometimes kale can be tough but it wasn't at all.

We also got the roasted brocolli sandwich with a side of potatoes.

The sandwich was loaded with all kinds of veggie goodness and the potatos were some of the best we've ever had.

Then we also shared a kale and orange salad and it was delicious as well.
All of the food was amazing - you could tell they really cared about what they were doing and I already can't wait to go back again.

As we were leaving, this lady that worked there came rushing out and handed us a paper bag because they were closing soon.

Inside was a lemon poppy seed croughnut and a cinnomon one.
We almost escaped.
Of course we appreciated it and had to try them.
We each had a bite of each, both were delicious, then we threw the rest out.
We felt bad about it but we really are trying to stick to plan.

From there we made our way back to the car which was another 1.6k under our belts.

The exercise details for that.

Jason wanted to go to the Mexican store so we did and walked around the area a bit.
There were some cool murals on the buildings over there.

Super heros.

The electrical boxes had art on them as well.

Even the pho place had a giant bowl of pho painted on the wall.

From there we headed to the West Edmonton Mall.

I wanted to get my toenails done so I figured Jason could walk the mall while I was doing that.

My poor big toe - it's all bruised up - can't wait for the polish to be covering it.

They have so many color options - it is always so hard for me to chose.
Today it was between a pale pink.

Or a bright orange.
Jason picked the bright orange so that's what I went with.

I'm glad I did too because I love it.
She did a really good job.

Jason found a new blender for making ice cream.
Ours at home still works ok but this one has a wider, kind of square bottom so Jason figures it will work better.

We were waffling back and forth on whether we should head home or spend another night and ultimately decided to stay another night.

So we went to get some supper and decided to try this spot out that I've been wanting to for a while now.
Tiramisu.

It has these pods you can sit in outside - you can even sit out in them in the winter time which is kind of cool.

They were all full today but they had a few other tables outside so that's where we sat.
Got to take advantage of the outdoor seating when we can.

I got the daisy hair going on.

It's right across the street from this park that has all kinds of lights in the trees and looks so nice in the evenings.

There are lots of murals in this area as well.

We ordered the Margerita Pizza.

And a Beet & Goat Cheese salad.

The pizza was kind of weird, not terrible but not great.
The salad was just ok too.

We likely won't be back.

Afterwards we walked over to Woodshed Burgers to get one of their home made ice cream sandwiches.
All they had today was sugar cookies and then you could pick your flavor of ice cream - we picked chocolate.
I wasn't a big fan of the cookie so I decided to go back to Tiramisu to pick out one of their desserts - I'd checked them out and they looked pretty good.

I picked the pistachio cheesecake and it was really good.
I would go back there and try more of their sweets.

We ate our dessert in the little park.

This is the view of Tiramisu and the pods from across the street.

We headed back to Coast again for another night.
We had our bathing suits so we went to the pool for a swim and the hot tub for a soak before calling it a night.

This happens to me all the time - I think I must be going deaf.

The look on his face though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I didn't end up tracking my points today and I'm pretty sure I didn't get a blue dot.
It's kind of hard to figure out points when you eat out - it would have been a total guesstimate but we made good healthy options (in my opinion) so I don't feel too bad about it.

We enjoy trying new places and good food so I don't want to give up doing that entirely, just need to be smarter about it!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment