Tuesday 20 June 2023

Sunny Days, Ice Cream and Impromptu Sleep Over (June 6, 2023)

 The sun and the warmth were back today so I made sure to get out for a walk this morning.

Look how clear and blue the sky is - not a cloud in sight.

Sun makes me squint but that's ok - I love me some sunshine.

I had some tuna and rice crackers for lunch and it was pretty darn good.
I feel like I need to shake things up a bit for my meals - get some variety going on.
I eat the same things a lot of the time and I figure a bit of a change might give me weight loss progress a bump.

I walked back to the office after lunch then I walked home after work.
Stopped by the Super A and picked up some salad ingredients on the way.

I put some paints clothes on when I got home so I could get a base coat on the sign for the lemonade stand but first, I got some Paddington cuddles in.

He's such a little cuddle bug.

Me and my cuddle buddy.

I did end up getting a base coat on the sign then I made supper for Jason and I.
I made brocolli, salad and chicken breast.
It was so yummy.

Cuddle bug strikes again.

I've never seen such a cuddly cat - we love it though.

I spent the evening watching the new series that came out, Shiny Happy People.
It's about the Duggars and the IBLP church.

It says it's full of shocking revelations and the church created all these molesters but I don't know, I think this happens in every single church practicallly and reallly, everywhere in life.
I feel like in the documentary that they really exagerated things, twisted things and out and out accused about things with no proof really, just speculation.

I'm not disputing that bad things didn't happen to people, I just think that you can't paint everyone with the same brush. You can't assume that because one person treated you a certain way who was involved with the church that everyone else associated with the church is the same.

Now this is my opinion and it may not be a popular one but I like the Duggars - I think that they really are genuinely nice people.
I don't agree with what they teach, I don't agree with a lot of the things the Duggars believe in but I still like them.
I am not a fan of the neice, Amy, that spoke out against them, I really question her motives for doing so.
I also am not a fan of Derrick, Jill Duggar's husband, everyone talks about how supportive he is of Jill and he may be that but I think they've forgotten the comments he made against Jazz and Nate Berkus.
There was also some controversy around donations that he and Jill were getting when they were doing mission work out of country but all of that seems to be forgotten and now he's this great guy.

I do think Josh Duggar deserves to be in prison for what he did but I also understand that he is still Jim Bob and Michelle's son and that they still love them.
You can disagree with something someone does and still love them.

Anyway - that's just my take on it.

Around 8, Haylee popped by with Freya and asked if she could visit for a bit because she had something to do.
Of course I love seeing her whenever I can.
She was hungry tonight - she's usually not a big eater but she had two dishes of kraft dinner then a bear paw.

Jason wanted to go for a walk but she didn't want to so he headed out for a bike ride instead and she and I snuggled on the couch.

Then out of the blue she says "I'm tired Grandma, I want you to come to bed and snuggle me".
So I took her to bed and she was out in minutes.

Kody ended up calling to come get her but Jason told him not to bother, just to let her spend the night.
He's off tomorrow anyway.
She's so teeny, she barely makes a bump in the bed when she's lying in it but she sure messes up the bedding.
She doesn't like to have bedding on her so she's always kicking it off but she's in the middle so that messes it up for Jason and I.
No biggie though, I wouldn't trade spending time with her for anything and she's growing up so fast.
Five already, she's not going to want to sleep with us for much longer.

I ate within my points allowance again today and tracked everything so that means another blue dot for me.
Today I'm grateful for sunshine and nice weather - it's always such a mood booster.
Also thankful for the low point ice cream Jason makes us - I love ice cream in the summer time so it's a good substitution.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment