Monday 19 June 2023

The Payroll Must Go On and Northern Fried Chicken (May 17, 2023)

Jason's field was far enough from the fires that they were still running so he had to head out quite early to get to work on time.

Jason sent me these pictures from his drive to work, it was a bit smoky.

But then it cleared right up!

I on the other hand had a bit of a sleep in then I headed into the city to work at the office there.

Payroll still needs to get done regardless of our field and office being shut in right now so I needed to go in there and get it done.

I stopped at a second hand store in Morinville and ended up finding myself a couple pairs of white capris, one pair was $7, the other was $8 and then I also got a short sleeve white sweater for $2.

Not a bad haul.

One of the pairs of capris didn't end up fitting me (too small) but the other pair fit great and I love them.

I got to the office right around noon and worked right until 4:30.

Then I headed over to the Coast where I'd booked a room for tonight.

Kody, Haylee and Freya are heading in as she is going in early tomorrow morning for surgery, she is getting her tonsils and adnoids taken out.

The girls were having fun at Rita & Lloyd's (Haylee's grandparents) - it was a gorgeous day.

When they got to the city, Kody & Haylee took Freya shopping at the mall so I went for a walk to get some steps in and to find a place to have some supper.

I found this Northern Chicken place on the street behind the hotel.
For some reason fried chickeen sounded good to me today and they had outdoor seating so that's where I went.

It was a lovely day for outdoor dining.
In the summer I take advantage of outdoor seating as much as I can.

The menu.

I got the Southern Salad and I just had to try the Cornbread.

The slice of cornbread was gigantic but it was kind of on the dry side so I didn't enjoy it that much.

The salad was good, the dressing they had on it wasn't my favorite and I think if I had it again I'd prefer it with no dressing.

Then I went walking some more.
I love when the lilacs bloom - they just smell so wonderful.

These trees are so pretty.

The legislature building and grounds is very beautiful.

They are doing some construction work there currently.

I can't help myself with all the tree pictures, I'm always a sucker for a beautiful tree.

If I can get up close to the lilacs to get a whiff I will.

I've walked around downtown plenty and I've never seen this before.

It was late when I got back to the room and Kody, Haylee and Freya were late getting back too.
They ended up going to see the new Marios Bros. movie.

I took Freya up to the pool to swim for a bit.

Then back in the room, Freya got in bed with me and was playing my tablet.
I had brought it to keep me occupied at the hospital tomorrow because I had planned on going with them but when they called Haylee today to give her the rest of the details for tomorrow, they said that only two of them could go and only one of them could actually stay with her.

At least I'm here with her tonight though.
It's a very common surgery but I'm still nervous for her and don't want to see her in pain.

This is a picture one of the guys took from the helicopter out flying around our field.
The fire is still burning away.

This gave me a bit of a giggle.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment