Tuesday 20 June 2023

Ticking Items off my To Do List (June 4, 2023)

I didn't have a very good sleep last night.

I had a really bad dream that woke me up and upset me and I couldn't get it out of my head.

It took me a really long time to get back to sleep after that so I ended up sleeping in quite late.

I think it was close to 9 when I got up.

I had my coffee, watched a few vlogs then got started on a few of the projects I'd wanted to get done yesterday. 

The first was my craft room.
It always becomes the dumping ground when I'm cleaning elsewhere in the house and I've been trying to stay on top of it but it got out of control.
When we were evacuated, I was gathering photo albums and papers from here so I'd pulled a few things out and just kind of left them.

I had the crates of the photo albums and other items I'd pulled out of there sitting in the living room ever since we came home too so I wanted to get that stuff put away as well.

I got it looking pretty good.
There are still some organizing things I need to do but I'm happy with the progress.

I also got some laundry put away, got the dishes done and a few other things then I decided to go get some lunch at Subway.

I called Kody to see how things were coming along with the sand in the frame and he said he needed some string to check the level so on the way I stopped there to drop off the string.

It is looking pretty good.

He had spend a ton of time packing it down and trying to level it.
The corner where Freya is is the corner where there is a big drop in the lawn.

So we had to make the frame quite a bit higher on that side.
We had no idea what we were doing but I think it's going to work.

Kody had been at it all morning so he and Freya were ready for lunch and came to Subway with me.
Freya wanted to eat there so we did.

Then we dropped Kody off and she wanted to come over to my place.
I told her she could but I had a few projects I really wanted to get done so it might be boring but she didn't care.

I also decided to try putting up the coat rack myself.
I'm not very good at anchors, I always end up destroying them when I'm trying to hammer them in but I was able to get them done this time.
I was pretty impressed with myself.
I got all the coats hung back up.

In order to do that I'd had to move the cabinet that was there to another wall which I also did.
I also did some vacuuming and cleaning in the living room and likely would have done more but Freya was getting bored so we decided to go for a walk to the park.

It was about 4:45 by then and when we got outside, it was so gorgeous I felt super bad for keeping her in the house all afternoon.

We played in the slide.

She's always coming up with these games for us to play, she tells me what to do and I just do it.

I'd brought towels so she could go in the splash park and she did a little but she wasn't reallly into it.
The water is pretty cold and hard to get used too.

Then she started coughing and ended up throwing up.
That has been happening a lot lately - I don't know why but I felt so bad for her.
She was fine right after though.

We left the park though, stopped at the store for an ice cream for her and a water for me.

We walked over to Kody's place to see what progress he'd made.
He had tarps over the sand and the pool just laying in there.
The instructions said to just leave it out for an hour or so - it was supposed to help with the wrinkles on the bottom.

It had been about an hour so he started putting together the frame of the pool and Rob and I helped.
Then we started putting some water in just to see if it all pooled in one area because we still weren't exactly sure how level it was.

It seemed to be ok.
He is going to get someone to bring a load of water to fill it the rest of the way up.

It was around 6:30 by then and I was hungry so I headed home to have the other half of my sub from lunch and of course Miss Freya wanted to come with me.

She's so funny, when she talks to me about Kody, she refers to him as 'your son'.

We were walking home and she was telling me how much she loves me.
Aww, I love her so much too.

When she sits on the couch and asks me to sit with her and 'snuggle' her, my heart just melts.

She told me this is what her mom does in pictures.

She would have likely spent the night again but Jason and I both have to work in the morning so I told her I'd have to call Kody to pick her up and she kept saying, in a little bit.

I'm so thankful for her - I don't know if it is possible to love something more than I love her and I'm grateful everyday for all of the time I get to spend with her.

I did good with my tracking again today, stayed within my points allotment.
Weigh in is tomorrow, hopefully I see some movement on the scale.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment