Sunday 18 June 2023

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling (Apr.27, 2023)

Jason was off today so he came down and met me while I went out for a little walk to the road and back.

I forgot to take a picture while we were out but I snapped a quick one when I got back.
You can see my cheeks are nice and rosy from being in the fresh air.

I met him at Subway for lunch then we stopped in to see how Freya was doing.
Haylee had to take her up for bloodwork and Freya was not happy about it.

The doctor was just concerned about it being Chicken Pox (more for Haylee's sake due to the pregnancy) so he wanted to check and he prescribed a pill for Haylee to take regardless.
So I was kind of thinking about that and figured if she was taking the pill anyway and they weren't going to treat Freya for anything no matter the result of the blood work, why put her through the trauma?

In the end, they weren't able to get the blood work done, the tech got a little in a vial but Freya would not cooperate, she was too upset so they just kiboshed the whole thing .

She was very upset with Mom for taking her up to the hospital and wanted Papa so Haylee took her by there to see Jason.
He said she was still upset and just clung to him at first but soon enough she got over the whole blood work ordeal.

The Easter candy was on sale at Walmart last night for 75% off so she picked out a giant chocolate cat for herself.
She found it as soon as she got to the house and wanted to eat it.
(when I got home at lunch she had barely put a dent in it)

She wanted to go bike riding so they got all geared up but then for whatever reason, they never did make it out the door.

Jason was going to bike down with her and meet me after work to bike home but she insisted that they drive so they just came and picked me up.
She wanted an ice cream so we stopped and got her one on the way home.
She pretty much ate the whole thing too which was unusual. 

She wanted to get her nails done with Morgan last night but we didn't have an appointment for her so instead we got her some press on nails.
I put them on for her and she quite liked them.
They did look super cute.

I still needed a lot of steps so we tried to convince her to go for a walk but she wasn't into it.
I suggested going to Swan Palace and having fries and she liked that idea but when we went to leave, she insisted that she wanted to drive, not walk.
So Jason drove her down and I walked down and met them there.

My handsome Honey.

She said all along that she wanted fries so that is what Jason ordered for her but then when they came, she didn't want them.
Instead she made french fry art.
She did eat a bit of the garlic bread that came with my salad.
I had a bowl of soup too - it was super good.

She wanted to do some 'tightrope' walking along the flower bed edge.

Trying to keep her balance.

Papa would never let her fall.

Walking on the edge.

I have been wanting to get an RESP (registered education savings plan) set up for Freya ever since she was born and it is finally in place, first payment will go in tomorrow.
They said I could make a lump sum payment and they could retroactively get the match so I decided to finally roll up all the change in our change jar.

Got all the rolling stuff out and got started.
It was all twoonies and loonies so it was pretty easy to roll up.
There ended up being just over $2300 in the jar plus I had around another $500 that we'd rolled up a couple years ago but never done anything with.

We have to go by the bank on our way to Jasper tomorrow so we'll stop and get that deposited on the way.

Kody and Haylee dropped by for a visit as I was finishing up.
Freya was starting to get fussy and I think her medication was wearing off, she was starting to get itchy and uncomfortable.

I convinced her to get in the bath - I had to get my bathing suit on and get in with her but I didn't mind.
I was able to convince her to take another ibuprofen too - I think it really helps with the itchiness.

She wanted to spend the night and we are going away for the weekend so we wanted her to stay since we won't see her for a couple days.

It was later when they left and I still needed more steps plus I hadn't run my 1 mile on the treadmill yet so I went down and got that done.

I almost didn't bother with the run but I'm glad I went and did it.
It didn't take long at all and I felt good about it when I was done.

I hopped in the shower afterwards.
Figured It might be a good idea just in case Freya does have Hand, Foot and Mouth disease and I'd just had a bath with her.

Then I packed up my suitcase so that is all ready to go.
I was thinking about walking to work in the morning so Jason could load up the car with the bikes and the suitcases then just pick me up on the way out but not sure how I'll feel in the morning.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment