Tuesday 20 June 2023

All About Perspective (May 31, 2023)

I decided that for the month of June I am going to focus on tracking my food/points on WW and my goal is to get a blue dot each day.
I was thinking of maybe running 3k each day as well but I wasn't sure since so much of my body seems to hurting currently.

It was nice out today and I managed to get out for a walk to the road.
It was nice because what I was working on at work was mind numbing and it was taking me forever so I needed the break.

I had picked up a salad for lunch then I headed back to work a bit early so I could get a bit of a bike ride in.

I rode just over 5k on the way down.

The exercise details.

Some dark storm clouds rolled in in the afternoon and we got some rain and hail again.
I was figuring I'd likely have to get a ride home with someone and leave my bike here.
I ended up working late trying to finish what I was working on but by 5 it still wasn't done but I was.
It had cleared back up again so I was able to ride my bike home.

I did a bit extra, ended up with just under 5k.

The exercise details.

I was thinking all day about whether or not I should make a goal of running 3k each day this month (June) and ultimately decided that I didn't want to.
I want to focus on my eating instead.
Doesn't mean I won't do any running because I will, just didn't feel like running today.

So I hopped on the treadmill to get the rest of my steps in.
I watched an episode of Hometown Takeover.

Steps all in for today - yay me!

After I finished my steps, I ran myself a nice hot bath.
I'd been looking forward to it all day and it did not disappoint.
I relaxed, maybe even dozed off briefly while I was in there.

I was getting out just as Jason was getting home from work.

We had leftover stir fry for supper and I mentioned to Jason that I'd tracked all of my points today and got a blue dot so that was 1 day down and 29 more to go then he informed me that it was still May.

OMG
Ha ha.
All day long I was thinking it was June 1 when actually it was May 31.
So no days down for June yet but still feels good to have a day under my belt.

Part of me wants to do the 'run 3k a day' for the month of June now that I realized that it isn't actually June yet but I don't know - I think eating properly is the biggest part of losing weight and that's really where I want to focus this month.

I can try a running challenge next month.

Also, after my post yesterday I feel like I need to really focus on being more positive so I think maybe I might make that a challenge for this month - finding something to be grateful for each day and just trying to focus on the positives in my life (because there are plenty), instead of the negative (which I've been tending to do more often lately).

I really believe that it's all about perspective and that is something that I can change and control and I'm a going to do that!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment